XDm grip safety
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDm grip safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XDm grip safety

I am about 99.9% decided on the XDm 40 for my first gun in 12 years. I had an hk usp 40 but can't shell out the cash for another one.

The only thing that I am unsure about is the grip safety. I wanted to hear from people that own any XDm about how you like the safety and is it easy to get used to?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2010, 04:13 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I own the xd40 and it too has the grip safety. I have had no problems with it and am happy it is there.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:27 AM   #3

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

I have an XD .40 that has the grip safety, hardly noticeable...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I really like the XD grip safeties. It sort of "Plaxico-proofs" the firearm.

The gun won't go off without pretty well holding it correctly, but yet requires no extra tasks from the shooter. A great combination for a defense/carry firearm in my opinion. The grip safety is comfortable, hardly noticeable, and really shouldn't hinder the shooter in any way.

Old 12-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have 2 , an xdm 45 and xd9sc and very much like them without any complaints.I cc both in Kholster IWB and forget they are there, I have a few handguns and am very active so this setup works well for me.I feel that grip safety on the xd line is what makes it so special

Old 12-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The grip safety really has no bearing on the shootability of the gun. You won't even notice it's there when you're at the range.

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 12-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2134 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 770

I have an XDm 40. It's my favorite. It shoots far better than I do. The grip safety is not noticeable, and it's one of the most "safety" conscious designs on the market.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #8

Thanks for the replies! I am hearing a unanimous thumbs up on the grip safety. Excellent. With the bonus magazines until December 31, I am set on the XDm. Thanks again.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #9

I replaced mine with an extended grip safety from Springer Precision. It is a great addition...

Caterpillar 775F Haul Truck Driver

Old 12-11-2010, 01:37 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have an XDm 9mm. It is the only pistol of many that I own that has a grip safety. The first few boxes of ammo I found myself unable to pull the trigger at times. It was because of the grip safety. After reassessing my grip, it appears that the gun was pointing out my poor grip. It made me concentrate more on holding the grip closer, which in turn actually improved my accuracy. It no longer interferes with my shooting, and has actually improved it.

As for the XDm, it is one of the best designed pistols I have ever owned. Everything is correct, sturdy, and serviceable. The takedown is so easy after fighting with my CZ. It is totally underrated. Buy one. I may have to get a compact to match the long slide...

Just received my bonus magazines, it took about 2 weeks.

Last edited by IXLR8; 12-11-2010 at 01:39 AM.