Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDm comp front sight.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I won a XD 9 about four years ago and loved it, but it had the short barrel on it and I've been looking for a long slide 9 for a while.
Everyone told me to look at the Glock (27 I think) but I'm a Glock racist for some reason and I just can't stand them. (no reason really, they just look like miserable pistols to me and I refuse to give them a chance).
ANYWAYS... as soon as I got the first email from CTD about the XDM5.25 I bought it as fast as I could get my browser open. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed, and I was right!

The only problem I'm having with it is the red filament front sight is hard to see in the indoor range that I go to. They sent orange and green replacement
filaments but they are twice as long and I can't for the life of me figure out how to swap them. Has anyone had any experience with this? The same style high viz sights on my shotgun pop right in and out no problem... It just doesn't make sense, I feel like I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Ray

RAINMAN
Remember......
If Guns Kill People, then
Peensils Misspel Wards,
Cars Cause DUIs,
Spoons Made Rosie O'Donnel Fat.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-23-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5258 Times on 2742 Posts
Likes Given: 331

i feel the same way about glocks. they are all wrong in every way.

this guy babbles on nonsensically for about 2 minutes. the real info doesnt start till 2:20 in

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-23-2011, 12:53 AM   #3

Hey, thanks Jon that was perfect! I actually checked you tube for about an hour the other night and didn't find anything. I don't know how I missed it.
The tru viz sights I'm familiar with just pop in and out and are replaceable. I would have never guessed to do it like the video shows.

RAINMAN
Remember......
If Guns Kill People, then
Peensils Misspel Wards,
Cars Cause DUIs,
Spoons Made Rosie O'Donnel Fat.