XDM 9mm 5.25 comp

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDM 9mm 5.25 comp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default XDM 9mm 5.25 comp

Hey XD fans, im normally only on the 1911 and glocks forums here but im gonna pop n for a minute.. I ran into a friend today and he handed me his new XDM 9 5.25 and OMG! I have had a couple of XD .40s and im just a big fan of the XD..BUT i simply love this XDM 5.25,it feels good and looks even better..I love the changes, Now im finding myself wanting one.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #2

An XDm9 has kind of always been in the plans for a future handgun, but since they came out with the 5.25, it's looking like I may get one sooner than I thought. I just wanna talk to some people first Nd see what their impressions were. I'm curious to see what effect the cutout slide has on recoil.

Also, does anyone know if it has the standard XDm trigger or is it an upgraded trigger?

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 AM   #3

I ran 100 thru it at my range and it was nice. The trigger felt the same to me as my XDm. The felt recoil was a bit less but not in an "OMG" kinda way. It was just a lil more manageable.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Default XDm 5.25 .45ACP

Received a notice from SA today that a .45 ACP version of the 5.25" comp is now available. Haven't yet had the chance to check out the specs but will post an update.

Caliber:
45ACP
CAPACITY:
13+1RDS
Magazines:
3 magazines for a limited time
Barrel:
5.25"MATCH GRADE SELECT FIT Steel, melonite" fully supported ramp
Sights:
red fiber optic front(Replacement red & Green filament included)and
fully adjustable target rear
Sight Radius:
7.25"
Frame :</SPAN>
black polymer</SPAN>
Slide:</SPAN>
forged steel WITH LIGHTENING CUT</SPAN></SPAN>
Length:</SPAN>
8.3"</SPAN>
Height:</SPAN>
5.75"
Weight w/ empty mag:</SPAN>
26oz w/empty magazine
Available colors:
Black and Bi-Tone
http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/specs_8.html

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 09-10-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle
Received a notice from SA today that a .45 ACP version of the 5.25" comp is now available. Haven't yet had the chance to check out the specs but will post an update.
If you go to Springfield.com the info your are looking for is there. The 5.25 has been available for sometime now.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 09-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #6

I'm pretty sure only the 9mm 5.25" was available for some time.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005