Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Xdm 45acp add ons (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xdm-45acp-add-ons-66161/)

BlackBeautyF150 06-10-2012 05:04 AM

Xdm 45acp add ons

I just bought an Xdm 45acp compact and I was wondering what some good aftermarket add ons would be to enhance performance and usability. Any ideas?

ZombieBrawler 06-11-2012 07:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBeautyF150
I just bought an Xdm 45acp compact and I was wondering what some good aftermarket add ons would be to enhance performance and usability. Any ideas?

All you need to do is go to www.powderriverprecision.com they built my xdm from scratch with every part you can get at a very reasonable price and the service was great. Look through theyre shop theres a lot you can do with these.

drew661 06-11-2012 07:45 PM

Thank you for the link. Just placed order.

ZombieBrawler 06-11-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew661
Thank you for the link. Just placed order.

Awsome man!

JonM 06-12-2012 03:05 AM

my opinion the only thing an xdm needs is ammunition and more magazines

ZombieBrawler 06-12-2012 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
my opinion the only thing an xdm needs is ammunition and more magazines

Doesnt hurt to make it yours anyway you want too though, its a very good gun as it is and thats fine, yet these parts can make it even better :)

CHLChris 06-12-2012 04:26 AM

Some pistols avail themselves well for modifications and upgrades. And it doesn't really have anything to do with price. The 1911 platform is great for mods, but the XDm...not so much.

sweeper22 06-12-2012 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBeautyF150 (Post 831054)

Just add bullets.

And maybe a couple extra mags, and a holster if you intend to carry. There's nothing else to add, unless you're bound and determined to turn it into a money pit.

Count on this: Without any expensive alterations, that gun already out-shoots your skill level. And it probably always will. And that applies to about 99% of the shooting public, so I'm not intending anything disrespectful in that comment.

ZombieBrawler 06-12-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHLChris
Some pistols avail themselves well for modifications and upgrades. And it doesn't really have anything to do with price. The 1911 platform is great for mods, but the XDm...not so much.

Why is it not? Theyre plenty of mods to do to it

CHLChris 06-13-2012 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler (Post 833386)
Why is it not? Theyre plenty of mods to do to it

I suppose I am suggesting that the XDm is much like a Toyota Camry: a wonderful family car that will run forever. But it is NOT a car that should be lowered, or given nitrous acceleration...it just isn't a good modification car.

XDm's are awesome as they are. If you want to give it night sights, fine. Titanium guide rod, maybe. Stainless pins, even. But that's about it!