Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xdm .45 acp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3847 Times on 1293 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
superb pistol. accurate fast lightweight good capacity good trigger. cant beat it with a stick. i own two one xdm 45 full size and the compact version. i like shooting it better than my 1911's
Agree with Jon on this. My XDm 45 cal, I have the 3.8 and it has been a pleasure to own and shoot. Haven't had any problems with it so far and they all come with a lot of "case candy".
You will like the full size.
Also, be sure and go to the "Hale Koa", it's the military R&R hotel in Waikiki and they have an excellent Luau there, where you can try all the great Hawaiian food.

NSDQ

Old 11-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I was convinced I wanted a XD45. But what really convinced me what what the company did with the gun editors. The editors wondered for years if gun companies sent them "Slicked Up" guns for them to try and write on. Springfield did something that impressed me. They sent them certificates. So they could go to the gun store of there choosing and pick a gun straight off the self to use. This prevented the "Slicked Up" gun theory. So the editors wrote about the same type of gun that you and me would buy.

Old 11-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4473 Times on 2359 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyack45 View Post
Definitly looking forward to all of that...thanks for youe service brother...do you know if they have any rod and gun clubs on or around post?
dont take any guns to hawaii leave em at home in a safe with someone you trust. hawaii requires gun registration and there are no places to shoot that i ever found that werent military ranges. hawaii is not a free state it is very similar to illinois the east coast states and california with the common person unarmed and violent crime rampant.

the crime there just doesnt get reported because it would trash the tourist industry so there is a mssive effort in the media to cover it up.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #14

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I own 2 XDm's, both 4.5", in 9mm and .45acp. I got the 45 in bitone so I can tell the two apart.

My XDm45 is my bedside gun with CT laser on the grip and CT light on the trigger guard.

If I had it to do over again, I'd get the night sights for just $90 more at time of purchase. It would cost twice that to do it aftermarket.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 11-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Supposed to pick mine up this week from LGS.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 AM   #16

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I own a XDM 45 in the 4.5" and wouldn't sell it for any price. I have put almost every type of ammo through it, looked for the crappiest to try and make it fail, it just won't fail on me. Fires every round with no worries. Plus, your carrying 13+1 in a 45 in your hand. Extremely accurate, easy to shoot, not much recoil for a 45, and eats any ammo (2000 rounds, no failures).

Old 12-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #17

Liked 13 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The XDM 45 4.5" is an outstanding pistol. It shoots like a 9mm, with match grade accuracy. Plus, it's so simple to take down and clean. I bought it for my duty use with the tactical team. However, it is so accurate and easy to shoot, I now use it for my competition gun over my 3 times as expensive 1911's! I absolutely love it. I will soon be putting some Trijicon HD night sights with the Orange front on it. I put a set of these on my XDS, and they are superb.

Active LE Sniper, AR15/M16 Armorer, Firearms Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Taser Instructor, Sniper Team Leader, and owner of www.bigrivertactical.com :D 狙击手

Old 12-07-2012, 03:46 AM   #18

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I have trijicon NS on mine and those are the best. Super bright and light up before it gets close to low light.

I have only heard one complaint out of the trijicon sights.

And I quote, "mine quit working after 15 years. POS. I'll never by them again."

a guy told me this at a gun show and I almost punched him for saying that. Those are good for 12 years and he got 15 out of them. Plus there only $100 so after 15 years you should be able to afford some more.

Newest Threads