Xdm .45 acp
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xdm .45 acp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Xdm .45 acp

What's some opinions/ reviews on the Springfield XDM .45?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21988 Times on 12398 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeMan9194 View Post
What's some opinions/ reviews on the Springfield XDM .45?
i currently own a XDm40 and really do like it. excellent pistol. so far to date not one problem yet. has handled every type of ammo i have put through it with not one failure to date. i would easily trust my well being to this pistol without hesitation.

i did have a XD45c that was a really nice pistol as well and very enjoyable to shoot. i didn't keep it for very long as i already had another compact 45 pistol, but enjoyed for the short time i did have it.

the XD and XDm platform has proven itself so far and most who own them are very pleased with them. buy one with confidence if this the one you want.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #3

Outstanding firearm....shot my buddies a coupke weeks back and it is very accuarate and shoots like butter....definitly on my list of firearms to own

Old 11-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

superb pistol. accurate fast lightweight good capacity good trigger. cant beat it with a stick. i own two one xdm 45 full size and the compact version. i like shooting it better than my 1911's

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-20-2012, 01:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
superb pistol. accurate fast lightweight good capacity good trigger. cant beat it with a stick. i own two one xdm 45 full size and the compact version. i like shooting it better than my 1911's
Jon M i got my assignment to 25th ID for august next year...very excited about it...Are you currently serving with them?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

bout 20 years ago i did.

be sure to go to the top of kolekole pass on schofield barracks and check out where the big white cross to memorilize pearl harbor was before obama had it destroyed.

a tour of pearl harbor is a MUST be sure to check out the ww2 sub they got there as well.

you gotta be there on wheeler army airfield at least once when the MP's raise the flag. if your lucky you will get an mp that looks at as an honor duty. used to be my favorite duty raising that flag in the morning when i had patrol duty there. not many folks can say they have raised a US flag on such an historic base

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Jpyle Likes This 
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 AM   #7

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Have three XDm's one in each caliber. These guns are all very reliable and accurate. I shoot idpa with the.40 and.45 the only round that it its finicky with are semi wad cutters. Had to load the.45 to 1.28" oal to get them to run right. However no other ammo has ever given me even one issue. i have the 3.8 compact 9mm (wife's) the 3.8 in .40 and the 4.5 bi tone in .45. I love them all.

forumrunner_20121119_190330.jpg

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
bout 20 years ago i did.

be sure to go to the top of kolekole pass on schofield barracks and check out where the big white cross to memorilize pearl harbor was before obama had it destroyed.

a tour of pearl harbor is a MUST be sure to check out the ww2 sub they got there as well.

you gotta be there on wheeler army airfield at least once when the MP's raise the flag. if your lucky you will get an mp that looks at as an honor duty. used to be my favorite duty raising that flag in the morning when i had patrol duty there. not many folks can say they have raised a US flag on such an historic base
Definitly looking forward to all of that...thanks for youe service brother...do you know if they have any rod and gun clubs on or around post?

Old 11-21-2012, 05:39 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Get the full size you will be very very very happy

Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Ordered the xdm 45 full size with night sights.