Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Xdm .45 acp (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xdm-45-acp-76645/)

WeeMan9194 11-18-2012 07:09 PM

Xdm .45 acp

What's some opinions/ reviews on the Springfield XDM .45?

Axxe55 11-18-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeMan9194 (Post 1019032)
What's some opinions/ reviews on the Springfield XDM .45?

i currently own a XDm40 and really do like it. excellent pistol. so far to date not one problem yet. has handled every type of ammo i have put through it with not one failure to date. i would easily trust my well being to this pistol without hesitation.

i did have a XD45c that was a really nice pistol as well and very enjoyable to shoot. i didn't keep it for very long as i already had another compact 45 pistol, but enjoyed for the short time i did have it.

the XD and XDm platform has proven itself so far and most who own them are very pleased with them. buy one with confidence if this the one you want.

jyack45 11-18-2012 09:48 PM

Outstanding firearm....shot my buddies a coupke weeks back and it is very accuarate and shoots like butter....definitly on my list of firearms to own

JonM 11-18-2012 10:01 PM

superb pistol. accurate fast lightweight good capacity good trigger. cant beat it with a stick. i own two one xdm 45 full size and the compact version. i like shooting it better than my 1911's

jyack45 11-20-2012 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
superb pistol. accurate fast lightweight good capacity good trigger. cant beat it with a stick. i own two one xdm 45 full size and the compact version. i like shooting it better than my 1911's

Jon M i got my assignment to 25th ID for august next year...very excited about it...Are you currently serving with them?

JonM 11-20-2012 12:26 AM

bout 20 years ago :) i did.

be sure to go to the top of kolekole pass on schofield barracks and check out where the big white cross to memorilize pearl harbor was before obama had it destroyed.

a tour of pearl harbor is a MUST be sure to check out the ww2 sub they got there as well.

you gotta be there on wheeler army airfield at least once when the MP's raise the flag. if your lucky you will get an mp that looks at as an honor duty. used to be my favorite duty raising that flag in the morning when i had patrol duty there. not many folks can say they have raised a US flag on such an historic base

InDefenseofLiberty 11-20-2012 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have three XDm's one in each caliber. These guns are all very reliable and accurate. I shoot idpa with the.40 and.45 the only round that it its finicky with are semi wad cutters. Had to load the.45 to 1.28" oal to get them to run right. However no other ammo has ever given me even one issue. i have the 3.8 compact 9mm (wife's) the 3.8 in .40 and the 4.5 bi tone in .45. I love them all.

Attachment 70537

jyack45 11-20-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM
bout 20 years ago :) i did.

be sure to go to the top of kolekole pass on schofield barracks and check out where the big white cross to memorilize pearl harbor was before obama had it destroyed.

a tour of pearl harbor is a MUST be sure to check out the ww2 sub they got there as well.

you gotta be there on wheeler army airfield at least once when the MP's raise the flag. if your lucky you will get an mp that looks at as an honor duty. used to be my favorite duty raising that flag in the morning when i had patrol duty there. not many folks can say they have raised a US flag on such an historic base

Definitly looking forward to all of that...thanks for youe service brother...do you know if they have any rod and gun clubs on or around post?

strix 11-21-2012 04:39 AM

Get the full size you will be very very very happy

WeeMan9194 11-21-2012 07:43 PM

Ordered the xdm 45 full size with night sights.