Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   Xdm 40 wont fire (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xdm-40-wont-fire-76898/)

Rockjeep94 11-22-2012 10:30 PM

Xdm 40 wont fire

Tried a few different ammo, primer has hits on them but no fire??? Whats going on

Axxe55 11-23-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockjeep94 (Post 1023844)
Tried a few different ammo, primer has hits on them but no fire??? Whats going on

maybe a bad firing pin? just a thought.

Rockjeep94 11-23-2012 03:02 AM

If the primer has a dent wouldnt the firing pin be fine? That is my thought also, it just seems wierd there is a strike but no fire... And I tried multiple different ammos

Jpyle 11-23-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockjeep94 (Post 1024044)
If the primer has a dent wouldnt the firing pin be fine? That is my thought also, it just seems wierd there is a strike but no fire... And I tried multiple different ammos

How old is the gun, how many rounds through it? Do you oil the striker channel? Gummy deposits may collect in the mechanism and restrict the pin from fully engaging the primer...it may dent the primer but lack sufficient force to fire the round. Strip the striker down and give it a good, thorough cleaning...inspect the pin or replace it while you have it apart.

jjfuller1 11-23-2012 03:08 AM

if it was one brand of ammo it could of been that lot. but you tried different brands and the chances they are all bad is very slim. the pin could leave a mark but still not ignite the primer if its lightly striking them. its probly not positioned right, or is just defected. email Springfield they should be able to either send you a replacement or have you send it in for repair. but to me sounds like the firing pin.

Axxe55 11-23-2012 03:26 AM

i think JJ and Jpyle both made some good suggestions to try out. if you had used only one box and brand of ammo, i would have suggested trying a different ammo. JPyle's suggestion does make the most sense to me.

Rockjeep94 11-23-2012 04:48 AM

Yeah tried 3 different brands of ammo... The gun is about a year old, probably 1,500 rounds I will cal SA tomorrow if they are open and see what they will do about it

Balota 11-27-2012 12:34 AM

I had a light strike at an IDPA match a couple weeks ago. Rechambered it and it fired on 2nd strike. I'm up around 3500 rounds. May need to have gunsmith give it a once over pretty soon.

Byron0022 11-27-2012 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle

How old is the gun, how many rounds through it? Do you oil the striker channel? Gummy deposits may collect in the mechanism and restrict the pin from fully engaging the primer...it may dent the primer but lack sufficient force to fire the round. Strip the striker down and give it a good, thorough cleaning...inspect the pin or replace it while you have it apart.

Deposits is my first though, have you done this yet?

2manyhobbies 11-30-2012 12:43 AM

as they said above..
1. check primer, no dent go to two..
2. disassemble check disconnecter, if you do not know what or where this is take it to a gun smith....