Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xdm .40 s&w 3.5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Xdm .40 s&w 3.5

My first XD series gun, and second handgun overall. A bit heavier than I thought for carry, but a great shooter.

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #2

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

That would be an XDm 3.8 compact...correct?

Old 12-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
That would be an XDm 3.8 compact...correct?
whoops...you'd be correct

“No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave.” -Calvin Coolidge

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." -Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army

Old 12-10-2011, 10:57 AM   #4

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

XDm 3.8 Compact 28 ozs.
SR9c 23.5 ozs.
Glock G19 21 ozs.
M&P Compact (about) 23 ozs.

yup..it's a little heavy...great gun tho.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Weight isnt always a bad thing. If you can comfy carry it. Weight helps control muzzle flip getting you back on target faster.

My personal rule runs opposite group think. I want my carrygun to weigh as much as it is comfortable for me to carry. Super light in my book is a bad thing. To me anything over the weight of an all steel full size 1911 is too much.

The reason i choose my carry criteria is that ive tried out the super light guns and i cant keep them on target for fast accurate follow ups. So im happy trading weight for accuracy in rapid fire.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...