Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   XDM-40 grips (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xdm-40-grips-19750/)

sturgeon 11-03-2009 08:51 PM

XDM-40 grips

I installed the largest grip inserts and find that my hand is too large to compress both "safety" devices without pulling the barrel slightly to the left. SA says they have nothing to correct the problem, suggesting either Crimson Trace Lasergrips (expensive) or placing a piece of inner tube over the handle.
Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

iloveguns 11-09-2009 05:16 PM

I ordered some pachmayr tactical grips. Works great for me now. Just so you know though the grips slip if they are on by themselves. I fixed this problem by putting some rubber tire underneath the pachmayr grips. Now it works awesome.

canebrake 11-09-2009 05:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Get a Hogue Hand-All.

Hogue Handall Universal Grip Sleeve Rubber Black - MidwayUSA

Make sure when you install it you do/don't interfere with the safety. (Your choice)

It even comes in pink!

Attachment 7518

sturgeon 11-09-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturgeon (Post 181982)
I installed the largest grip inserts and find that my hand is too large to compress both "safety" devices without pulling the barrel slightly to the left. SA says they have nothing to correct the problem, suggesting either Crimson Trace Lasergrips (expensive) or placing a piece of inner tube over the handle.
Anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks. I'll check them on line.

sturgeon 11-09-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 184045)
Get a Hogue Hand-All.

Make sure when you install it you do/don't interfere with the safety. (Your choice)

It even comes in pink!

Attachment 7518

Thanks for the feedback. I called Hogue and they tell me they will be marketing a grip for the XDM ( with grip safety) in early 2010. The part number will be 17000.

iloveguns 11-10-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canebrake (Post 184045)
Get a Hogue Hand-All.

It even comes in pink!

Attachment 7518

Canebrake, good choice sir, I have them on most of my glocks. But for some reason they don't fit quite right on the XDm. I wouldn't recommend it for the XDm but for the glocks they are great. The pachmayr is designed for the xdm. Just a heads up.:D

iloveguns 11-10-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sturgeon (Post 184066)
Thanks for the feedback. I called Hogue and they tell me they will be marketing a grip for the XDM ( with grip safety) in early 2010. The part number will be 17000.

SWEET I will be all over that:D