Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDm 40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XDm 40

Have had my XDm bout 3 years shoots anything u feed it an dead on been look'n at the 3.8 XDm , Any1 have 1 or have shot 1 n the 40 cal , how Whell she shoot?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4469 Times on 2357 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Personally not a fan of the 40sw in any configuration. Has more snap than a 45acp. However i did get to fire one in a compact model of the xdm last monday. Reallllly snappy but functioned fine other than being a slow to get on target for follow ups.

I didnt think it was as accurate as the 9mm or 45acp version but i only had one mag to shoot.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #3

Thanks, you are right, the 40 is a snappy round. That's one of the reasons why I have been debating on the 3.8, my 4.5 is snappy enough.when I bought the 40, they had not came out with the 45 XDm . I carry my 40 ever day easy to conceal n cool weather but not so easy in the summer time. Looking to find a smaller concealable handgun .

Old 01-12-2012, 02:25 AM   #4

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have the XDm 3.8 in .40 and while yes it is snappy, the accuracy does not suffer. I was shooting at 20 yds and my grouping was consistently inside 12". The 16 rd capacity just can't be beat at that caliber also. Makes me want to sell my sig 220 and get an xdm in .45 also.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #5

Springfield makes sweet shooters, thanks that helps a lot, I shoot my XDm at 25 yards with bout 4in circle groups an to hear the 3.8 is jus as accurate makes me won't to really lean twords getting another thanks .

Old 01-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #6

I'am no Sharp shooter by no means,..but one day my wife went to throw the girls toys away an they had a little ball set an blow up pool that was given to them that was going in the trash , the balls that was with it are jus like the ones they have at McDonald's, red, yellow,blue, exc. So I set them up then watched them fall, funny ,I can hit the balls better at 25yards then trying to stand an group on paper at 25.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #7

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

It has to do with phrase "aim small, miss small". If you are aiming at a paper with a 12" target it is completely acceptable in your mind if you hit that target. Now take that paper away and aim at a 4" target that does not register hits outside that area. You try harder. Everyone is capable of better shooting it just takes removing a crutch from the situation most times. The same goes for aiming, if you use them at the human sillhouettes. Are you happy to hit the Torso? I tend to aim for the little one in the upper right or what I would consider the center of the head. Make it harder on yourself and you will find yourself getting better

Try shooting an IDPA match once or twice to see the improvement you need. It will reveal the weaknesses in your action shooting. I have seen more than a few big talkers end up at the bottom of the ranks. Including those who have been to a front sight training course. I am by no means a great shot either. For instance in my classification of pistol this last weekend I was 3rd of 9 shooters, not the best but certainly not the worst.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:02 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I love my 3.8 .40 it is awesome at 25-30 any further you need a rifle (IMO) I really like the snappy feeling it's a good round to me I haven't concealed it yet I'm getting my license soon tho and my 3.8 has the full size handle I have really big hands I hope I can conceal it