XDm 3.8 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDm 3.8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
It's suppose to have a better trigger and changable backstrap but I'm like you, I can't see a match grade barrel doing anything for most people. I have an XD45 and wouldn't mind an XDm in 45 but for now I'll settle for a new trigger.

I think it's a neat little piece but personally would have a hard time finding a need for it. Springfield is riding the XD cash cow and they should, it's a very popular weapon right now. A great weapon too I might add.
I would agree. From what I've been researching Springfield has done a great job with the XD line and now with the XDm...its got me to look at their 9mm as a range gun for my .40 (another manufacture). I will be interested in seeing the differences between the two makers while considering the differences in calibers. I'm liking the black/black or OD green/black versions.

~Steve

Old 12-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Looks sweet! The XD/XDm is Croatian made, right?

The HS 2000 (5" model only) is available here, someone in my club has one. Retails in Aus for about 1100-1200 bucks, but I must find out if the XDm is available outside the US...it looks very tempting. I like the idea of the improved take-down system over the XD, and ergonomics seem a bit more tweaked.