XDm 3.8 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

XDm 3.8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
It's suppose to have a better trigger and changable backstrap but I'm like you, I can't see a match grade barrel doing anything for most people. I have an XD45 and wouldn't mind an XDm in 45 but for now I'll settle for a new trigger.

I think it's a neat little piece but personally would have a hard time finding a need for it. Springfield is riding the XD cash cow and they should, it's a very popular weapon right now. A great weapon too I might add.
Buy a new barrel and a trigger kit for your XD, and **VOILA**.....you got yerself virtually an XD(m)!

Old 12-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Spitty is right, it's another way to sell more of what has already been a wildly successful product.
I also agree. I would have thought that when the XDm came out, it would be like a new model of a car and they would stop making the old models and convert everything to a M. But I guess if its selling why retool all your factories. I looked long and hard at the XD45 recently and then decided on the Sig P220. Its real easy to see why you guys rave about the 45.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhirl413 View Post
I thought it was pretty sweet too, I just wish they would expand the XDm line a little bit faster.
I think they're doing a fine job. Before they release a weapon it is tested and tested and tweaked and tested again. Not to mention all the engineering that goes into the design, before a prototype is made. Springfield is concentrating on putting out quality firearms while expanding a successful line of pistols and they're doing well.

Old 12-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I think they are doing an excellent job as well, which is aparent through their popularity, I just tend to be a tad impatient, and I love my XDm9.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Buy a new barrel and a trigger kit for your XD, and **VOILA**.....you got yerself virtually an XD(m)!
I'm planning on getting a trigger and the barrel is still up in the air but most likely it will remain stock.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-10-2009, 02:38 AM   #16

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
We can't get XDm's in California. I guess they're dangerous or something.
I feel your pain...illegal in NJ as well.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 12-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

SA is a good company and I like the way they bring different models to the market

I'd rather have high quality than rush stuff to market.

I do believe that the grip on the 3.8 should have been shorter to make it a good conceal gun.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

There is also the larger magazine capacity of with the M series. But the XD 45s already holds up to 13 rounds. I couldn't justify spending the cash just for 2 or 3 rounds more in the mag.

More I shoot and handle my XD .45, the more I love it. But if there were some improvements and they released a XDM in .45 I would probably get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 12-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #19

I DO AGREE! even though the 3.8 looks bad ass a 45 would have been nice. a lot of SA xd owners voiced that a 45 xdm would have been more appreciated than the 3.8 model. the only ****ty thing is no joke i bought my xdm .40 cal the day before the 3.8 came out. but i would have preffered a 45 to a smaller 9mm model.

Last edited by NICMG; 12-20-2009 at 11:51 PM.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhirl413 View Post

It comes in 9mm and is deisned for conceal carry.
If it was really for CC, then the grip should have been made shorter and thinner. The grip is the hardest part to conceal, not the length of the barrel.
I don't see a need to get one. But many will.

jb

Newest Threads