Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XDm 3.8

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default XDm 3.8

I wasn't sure if any of you guys have seen this yet, but Springfield just came out with a new XDm model. They call it the 3.8. It comes in 9mm and is deisned for conceal carry. I think it still holds 19 rounds but is shorter(3.8 inches instead of 4.5). It looks pretty nice and has different serrations on the slide. I just wish they would have come out with a 45 in the XDm first. Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(m) Polymer Handgun

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Last edited by jwhirl413; 12-07-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhirl413 View Post
I wasn't sure if any of you guys have seen this yet, but Springfield just came out with a new XDm model. They call it the 3.8. It comes in 9mm and is deisned for conceal carry. I think it still holds 19 rounds but is shorter(3.8 inches instead of 4.5). It looks pretty nice and has different serrations on the slide. I just wish they would have come out with a 45 in the XDm first. Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(m) Polymer Handgun

That is bad ass. I want one. Much easier to conceal then my 4.5 inch barrel for sure

Old 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I thought it was pretty sweet too, I just wish they would expand the XDm line a little bit faster.

Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun, You might meet'm both if you show up here not welcome son...

Old 12-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #4

I would like it better if the stock was shorter.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 AM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhirl413 View Post
I thought it was pretty sweet too, I just wish they would expand the XDm line a little bit faster.
I have an XD45 and, for the life of me, I can't see why everyone is crying for the XDm in .45. What is the big improvement....a match-grade barrel? Are the ergonomics a little different?

Old 12-08-2009, 05:45 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I would like it if the stock was shorter too...and it needs to be a .40.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

We can't get XDm's in California. I guess they're dangerous or something.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
I have an XD45 and, for the life of me, I can't see why everyone is crying for the XDm in .45. What is the big improvement....a match-grade barrel? Are the ergonomics a little different?
It's suppose to have a better trigger and changable backstrap but I'm like you, I can't see a match grade barrel doing anything for most people. I have an XD45 and wouldn't mind an XDm in 45 but for now I'll settle for a new trigger.

I think it's a neat little piece but personally would have a hard time finding a need for it. Springfield is riding the XD cash cow and they should, it's a very popular weapon right now. A great weapon too I might add.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You also wouldn't have to pull the trigger to break it down

Old 12-08-2009, 12:09 PM   #10

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have no problem with pulling the trigger....

I understand about the better trigger on the (m) version. It's just that I see the pistol as a very good self-defense weapon and, in that role, the trigger doesn't matter that much to me. If I were using the XD for competition or something like that, it would be a different story. And then the match-grade barrel would make a difference, too. But, for what I use it for.......nah.

Spitty is right, it's another way to sell more of what has already been a wildly successful product.