Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   XDm 3.8 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xdm-3-8-a-20823/)

jwhirl413 12-07-2009 04:35 PM

XDm 3.8
 
I wasn't sure if any of you guys have seen this yet, but Springfield just came out with a new XDm model. They call it the 3.8. It comes in 9mm and is deisned for conceal carry. I think it still holds 19 rounds but is shorter(3.8 inches instead of 4.5). It looks pretty nice and has different serrations on the slide. I just wish they would have come out with a 45 in the XDm first. Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(m) Polymer Handgun

iloveguns 12-07-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhirl413 (Post 195503)
I wasn't sure if any of you guys have seen this yet, but Springfield just came out with a new XDm model. They call it the 3.8. It comes in 9mm and is deisned for conceal carry. I think it still holds 19 rounds but is shorter(3.8 inches instead of 4.5). It looks pretty nice and has different serrations on the slide. I just wish they would have come out with a 45 in the XDm first. Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(m) Polymer Handgun


That is bad ass. I want one. Much easier to conceal then my 4.5 inch barrel for sure:D

jwhirl413 12-07-2009 04:59 PM

I thought it was pretty sweet too, I just wish they would expand the XDm line a little bit faster.

singleshot 12-07-2009 11:10 PM

I would like it better if the stock was shorter.

lonyaeger 12-08-2009 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhirl413 (Post 195522)
I thought it was pretty sweet too, I just wish they would expand the XDm line a little bit faster.

I have an XD45 and, for the life of me, I can't see why everyone is crying for the XDm in .45. What is the big improvement....a match-grade barrel? Are the ergonomics a little different?

Gojubrian 12-08-2009 05:45 AM

I would like it if the stock was shorter too...and it needs to be a .40. :)

CA357 12-08-2009 06:30 AM

We can't get XDm's in California. I guess they're dangerous or something. :rolleyes:

spittinfire 12-08-2009 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonyaeger (Post 195876)
I have an XD45 and, for the life of me, I can't see why everyone is crying for the XDm in .45. What is the big improvement....a match-grade barrel? Are the ergonomics a little different?

It's suppose to have a better trigger and changable backstrap but I'm like you, I can't see a match grade barrel doing anything for most people. I have an XD45 and wouldn't mind an XDm in 45 but for now I'll settle for a new trigger.

I think it's a neat little piece but personally would have a hard time finding a need for it. Springfield is riding the XD cash cow and they should, it's a very popular weapon right now. A great weapon too I might add.

jwhirl413 12-08-2009 10:28 AM

You also wouldn't have to pull the trigger to break it down

lonyaeger 12-08-2009 12:09 PM

I have no problem with pulling the trigger....:confused:

I understand about the better trigger on the (m) version. It's just that I see the pistol as a very good self-defense weapon and, in that role, the trigger doesn't matter that much to me. If I were using the XD for competition or something like that, it would be a different story. And then the match-grade barrel would make a difference, too. But, for what I use it for.......nah.

Spitty is right, it's another way to sell more of what has already been a wildly successful product.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.