Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xdm 3.8 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mptoth View Post
Hey all sorry to drum this thread up but since there are a few xdm 45 compact owners here I figured id ask.I just recently purchased the aforementioned gun and I love it but ivw noticed that when loaded the extended mag is rather wobbly when in the gun. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?
Wobbly? Do you mean that it actually wiggles when you jiggle it with your hand?

Or...do you mean that it sounds like it is jingling when you shake it with a full magazine? The cartridges will kind of jingle, somewhat loose, in a full magazine.

Just a thought.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 PM   #42

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post

Wobbly? Do you mean that it actually wiggles when you jiggle it with your hand?

Or...do you mean that it sounds like it is jingling when you shake it with a full magazine? The cartridges will kind of jingle, somewhat loose, in a full magazine.

Just a thought.
I mean that with a full magazine +1 in the chamber, it (the magazine) feels wobbly in the mag well while fully clicked in. This is the full size magazine with grip extender only. The flush magazine feels fine. A bit of play but nowhere near the play I have with the full mag.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #43

Liked 24 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I know exactly what you're talking about. When full, the 13 rounder does wiggle around more than I'm used to. As I said before though, this has never caused issues of any kind. Comparing mine to others at a couple different shops/ranges gave the same results. It just seems to be the nature of the beast with this one. Shoot it and enjoy it, that's what I'm doing!

Old 05-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #44

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb522 View Post
I know exactly what you're talking about. When full, the 13 rounder does wiggle around more than I'm used to. As I said before though, this has never caused issues of any kind. Comparing mine to others at a couple different shops/ranges gave the same results. It just seems to be the nature of the beast with this one. Shoot it and enjoy it, that's what I'm doing!
I would think maybe a rubber band fitted between the bottom of the mag and the sleeve might solve the wobbling, the after market sleeve I had for my G23 had a set screw, I spent a few minutes working to eliminate any play and allow for a fast easy mag change. If ur comfortable w basic tools u could drill(the thickest part), tap and install a set screw.

Old 05-18-2013, 04:11 AM   #45

I believe could be part of the design as well. The XDMs , like Glocks, were never intended to be display queens. These are service pistols. If you drop a magazine , you can pick it up, knock the worst of the mud off on your pant leg, then load and shoot reliably. The shorter grip on the compact also doesn't support the full length of the mag, which adds to the wiggle factor. I've never put an extended mag in my Glock, but now I have to try one just for the comparison .

Old 08-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #46

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post

Here you go RB522.
XDM 45 with all the "case candy" that comes with it.

So, it comes with 3 X-tension sleeves? Assuming one for each blackstrap size.

My question is how do the other sleeves fit if they are used with the wrong blackstrap. Doesn't work at all or just off a bit??
. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Old 08-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #47

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 28

They are just off a bit, the main thing to look at is it biting your hand during shooting. It is very rare however occasionally with the same size backstrap and sleeve I find after a couple hundred rounds the meaty part of my palm is a little sore from being bitten by the gap. However it has only happened a couple of times and depended on how much I was shooting.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #48

I've got a lot of trigger time with mine now, and have had no issues with the biting problem. I only fire 50-75 rounds through one gun before I switch to another one , though. Yeah, I'm a gun whore.