Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xdm 3.8 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default Xdm 3.8 45

Anyone have this gun yet hows it doing so far?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-13-2012, 12:31 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5325 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

i love it!! its my everyday carry gun

couple of items ive written about it:

Springfield-Armory-3-8-Compact-45ACP

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/springfield-xdm-3-8-45acp-compact-54271/

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-13-2012, 01:55 AM   #3

I have a glock g27 and am getting ready to buy a new gun but am not sure about it cause they are so similiar.

Old 01-13-2012, 05:14 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Xdm and glock are nothing alike. Except in caliber and size. Grip angle trigger inner workings etc are totally different. I prefer the xdm to the 1911 and glock. Ive been shooting 1911s since the mid to late 80s

I would recomend renting one.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
Xdm and glock are nothing alike. Except in caliber and size. Grip angle trigger inner workings etc are totally different. I prefer the xdm to the 1911 and glock. Ive been shooting 1911s since the mid to late 80s

I would recomend renting one.
I actually have a xd 45 tactical model and the glock g27 so im good with the way both work.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:47 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I own Glocks and an XDm. They are very different. As mentioned above, grip angel is drastically different and the inner workings aren't the same; furthermore, grip thickness, in my opinion, is more preferable on the XDm, the feel on the trigger is different (I have stock and aftermarket triggers for Glocks), and XDs/XDms are weighted and balanced differently.

I would certainly go out and try shooting an Xd/XDm. Even if you can't shoot one in .45 or with the 3.8" barrel, its nice to see what they're about.

Old 01-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #7

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I tend to agree with the posters above on the fact that the XDm is radically different than the Glock. Grip angle and texture, the interchangeable back strap, I use the largest, and probably the biggest is teardown, no puling the trigger to disassemble.
Disassembly is very close to the way my Sig 220 breaks down. I have both the 9mm 3.8 compact and the .40 3.8 with the full size grip both are easy to shoot, clean and carry. I recommend the Galco super tuck for iwb. Great guns that are accurate and super easy to maintain.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #8

Just bought the xdm 3.8 45 today to add to my arsenal. Its pretty sweet just need to get me a holster now.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
RUT
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

It's on my short list, but I'm troubled by the lack of availability of the flush mount 9 round magazines. Also troubling is why they insist on giving you one 9 rounder and one 13 rounder? Since it's not a "range" gun by any means, what good is a 13 round mag? They'd be better off giving us two 9 rounders instead.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUT View Post
It's on my short list, but I'm troubled by the lack of availability of the flush mount 9 round magazines. Also troubling is why they insist on giving you one 9 rounder and one 13 rounder? Since it's not a "range" gun by any means, what good is a 13 round mag? They'd be better off giving us two 9 rounders instead.
Because the 13 rounders work great as a backup. I love having the extra 4 shots in the backup mag. The extended mag without the grip extension on it makes for a very positive no bs mag insertion under stress.

Even my colt new agent the backup mag is a extended fullsize. I wouldnt want a second small one no point to having a small magazine. Once the gun comes out there is no point to keeping the grip small. The badguy doesnt care about it.