Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   XD Forum (
-   -   XD9 Tactical with 25 Mags - Good Deal? (

agarza68 01-26-2013 08:05 AM

XD9 Tactical with 25 Mags - Good Deal?
I was in my favorite pawn shop today and found an XD9 with a laser sight (small square laser on the rail), large hard case, and twenty-five 15-round Magazines (3 stainless steel that came with the XD, plus twenty-two Promag 15-rounders). The entire package is listed for $750. The manager will take off $25 if I take it tomorrow. My question to my esteemed fellow forum members: Is this a good/great deal? Also, what should I be looking for in a used XD9 Tactical?

agarza68 01-26-2013 08:09 AM

Maybe I should have asked: how do I ensure that the gun is in good shape? It didn't show very much external wear, but I wasn't allowed to break it down to check the inside.

getem2011 01-26-2013 08:32 AM

If You can't check the internals it's a NO go in my book...

Also, the price isn't all that amazing expecially if the magazine ban flops. I would pass consider those points.

agarza68 01-26-2013 05:17 PM

I've got a 30-day return option. Assuming the internals are good, couldn't I sell a few mags and make it a worthwhile deal? Or am I just trying to talk myself into it?

getem2011 01-27-2013 05:22 AM

Considering you have return option it may be a fair deal but not a steal. The market for the xd line have blown up due to recent events but whether the purposed laws will be enacted will determine if the deal is worth it. What will be the purpose of the purchase? Carry? HD? Range gun? You could definitily make a few bucks but some more info would be helpful.

agarza68 01-27-2013 05:52 PM

Getem, thanks for the feedback. There are a couple of reasons I'm considering the gun. First, I'd like to get involved in competitive shooting (IDPA Stock Service Pistol). My first choice is a Glock G34, but this was also on my list, along with the XDm 5.25. Another reason I'm considering it is because I've only sold two guns that I owned. On was a Taurus PT709 Slim because the trigger guard rubbed my grip finger raw. The other one was (yep, you guessed it) an XD9 Tactical...but the primary reason is still competitive shooting. Home Defense - I have a Glock G23 with night sights and a HD shotgun. Carry - I have a Kahr P9 with night sights. Range gun - I shoot a Ruger Mark III Target in Stainless Steel because the .22 ammo is cheap and it's a tack driver.