XD9 sub compact vs tactcal/full size - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD9 sub compact vs tactcal/full size

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

gave my xd service to my oldest son it is a fine weapon. replaced it with an xd tactical model and an xds. all three work -- reliable, accurate and shootable. the 3.3 xds has surprised the snot out of me. i shoot it as well as the full sized models. the xds hides very well obviously, the service model was more difficult and the tactical needs cold weather and a jacket. pick the one that best fits into what you require of it, do not be worried about accuracy. all three will impress.
the xds with 5 round mag is small in my hand but handels very well. the 7 round mags with sleves make it feel better in the hand with. don't be afraid of the small ones, they shoot lkie the hand fillers.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #12

Liked 22 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I have not played with the subcompact yet. I like XD. I was going to get one for my carry but decided on the G27 only due to I can use the same mags as my G22. I am going to try one when I can go shooting with a friend that just picked one up.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #13

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian22 View Post
Anyone else able to provide any input on the sub compact vs full size issue?
Go to youtube and do a search on Springfield Armory XD. You will get a ton of review videos on all of the various configurations. I just tried it. I particularly like the reviews by Hickok45. Nutnfancy is also a good reviewer.

Don <><

Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #14

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts

Mine has the 4" barrel and I like it alot more then the glock 19 I use to have.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6664 Times on 3546 Posts
Likes Given: 499

i carry an xdm 45 compact. i like the shorter barrel since it is less likely to peek out from under my shirt as i carry owb 99% of the time. i use the fullsize 13+1 mags with grip extension most of the time but if i need to go a little smaller to reduce the print i can always pop in the 9 round mag. its just versatile.

accuracy is pretty much the same as my full size xdm 45. im severely tempted by the xdm 9mm solely because of the 19+1 capacity over the smaller capacity of the xd i think its a no brainer
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 08-06-2012 at 12:58 AM.