xd9 slide stuck - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

xd9 slide stuck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 165 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 54

I think if the gun survived a squib load,then another after that with only a slightly bulged barrel, it's a testament of the strength of the XD platform. Somebody is extremely lucky. I've seen that kind of factory turnaround time before but only on my Ruger LCP recall. They knew exactly what they had to do and was ready for it. In fact I had to wait 2 months before they sent my recall box. I'm glad it turned out well for the poster and would HIGHLY suggest being more careful in the future on charging steps when reloading. In fact it would behoove him to watch VERY close his ammo already loaded.

Old 11-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

So we're assuming that this was a hand load that caused the squib?

Also, the gun would have had to have been manually cycled in order to feed another round into the chamber?

Did you experience this thinking that it was some other type of malfunction?

This is definitely negates one of the "My XD malfunctions" claims.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #23

He said they were "his" loads and I took that to mean reloads, but hard to tell with no grammar and punctuation.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:47 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I think if the gun survived a squib load,then another after that with only a slightly bulged barrel, it's a testament of the strength of the XD platform.
It makes me feel better. I would expect no less than to be called "lefty" after such a malfunction. I hope that it never happens to my xd45, but if it does, i hope the result is similarly injury-free.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #25

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Did you look in the barrel to see if there was a squib present??

Do you know what a squib is?

If there is sufficient energy released to "bulge" a modern manufactured barrel the operator should have adequate feedback to verify said action!

And a repair from SA from root to fruit (11/2 to 11/14) is impressive factory turnaround!
Something doesn't fit here???
I can personally attest to Springfield Armory's great customer service. My wife's XD-9SC came with a loose front sight, NIB, and it was 12 days to my doorstep for the fix.

Most instances of the "stuck slide" problem I've heard about involved reassembly with an improperly aligned guide rod....