XD9-SC carry?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD9-SC carry?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 01:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XD9-SC carry?

Anybody carry a XD9-SC in their pocket? I like mine but really? how good of a CCW is it if you can't put it in your pocket? I have a 4" that I can carry on the belt.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-02-2008, 03:05 AM   #2

You could use a ankle holster, but you would probably walk in a circle till you got use to it. I have a service -9 and I sure couldn't put it in my pocket.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:26 AM   #3

DeSantis makes a really good inside waist band holster. I use that for my .40 sub-compact. You can pick one up for around $20-$25. Good luck!

Proud NRA member

Old 05-29-2008, 01:57 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxstchewy View Post
Anybody carry a XD9-SC in their pocket? I like mine but really? how good of a CCW is it if you can't put it in your pocket? I have a 4" that I can carry on the belt.
I have. Desantis makes a nice pocket holster, the nemesis, and it works real well for pocket carry. Holster I use was marked for S&W CS9 & CS40

"LIVE FREE OR DIE TRYING TO KEEP ME FROM DOING SO"

Old 09-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #5

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I love ( and wear out ) a good belly band - - - I wear it high so that the firearm is in my left arm pit.

With practice I can pull my shirt open with my left hand and release and draw with my right much quicker than most can from a belt holster. Accessable when sitting in a car, standing, running etc.

I will get about 2 years from a well made belly band and at between $11.00 and $20.00 @ I feel they are a great value.

I carry a model 60 chief's special or a Body Guard 380 with no problems.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #6

i have a xdsc9 xdsc40 and a 4" xd45acp never carried one in my pocket but have carried the 40 daily for 2 years now

super accurate little thing, wish they would make a xdsc45acp i would get it for sure

Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Had an XD9SC for a few years and carried it. I don't consider it to be a pocketable pistol, at least for me and my wardrobe. It worked nicely in a Don Hume 715 IWB holster. For a pocket, a Kel-tec or a Ruger LC9 or other very compact gun would almost certainly work better than the XD9SC, which is really too chunky for me.

In fact, I switched from the XD9SC to a Glock 19 with the same weight but a longer barrel and half again as much mag capacity. Then I switched to an XDm-45. Go figure.
Bill

Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2950 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 323

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle427 View Post
...super accurate little thing, wish they would make a xdsc45acp i would get it for sure
You and me both.

I like my XD40 SC, but a pocket gun it ain't. The furthest I've pocket carried it is from the basement to the front door. Good guns, but a large lump, compared to actual pocket guns.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld