Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xd9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default xd9

i am in the market for a 9mm and have narrowed it down to the xd and glock19, does anyone have shooting comparisons of these 2 guns and what makes one better than the other.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Both are good, reliable guns IMO. The XD has the added feature of a grip safety in addition to the Glock-style trigger safety. The XD and the Glock have two different grip angles, the Glock grip angle takes some getting used to as it's not what I would consider to be "Point and Shoot".
My advice is to see which feels better in your hand and if possible, rent and shoot both and see which one works best for you.

Old 01-30-2011, 02:52 PM   #3

I like the the XD just for the reasons mentioned above "backstrap safety and grip angle" alot more comfortable if you have larger hands.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #4

Liked 4544 Times on 2196 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

2nd GL
Glock's grip angle is an odity among auto pistols, folks either love em or hate em so you definety want to spend time behind one before droping your cash.

Tack

Old 01-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Default re

what kind of accuracy can the avg shooter expect?

Old 01-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd man View Post
what kind of accuracy can the avg shooter expect?
Average accuracy for average shooter
everything translates from practice to practical. you can be accurate with a Daisy one pump rifle if you practice enough.

Old 02-02-2011, 03:35 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've had my XD9 since 2004 and absolutely love it. I'd say handle them both and see what you like.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #8

Likes Given: 1

For me the SA has a much better feel, translate, grip angle. Also the SA supports the case clear to the back, Glock does not and the cases bulge. This is important mostly if you reload. It also seems to me to be a safety issue but apparently not since I have not heard a single complaint about a case blowing out in a Glock.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:53 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm also considering one... a group of us went to the local range and I rented one... plus got to try out everyone else's stuff. Being a novice and quite new to guns I was doing OK with it... 95%+ of shots hitting the target. One of the other guys I was with tried it and, having never shot it before, put 10 shots in about a 3" circle at 7 yards.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #10

shot both, and now own an XDM9 compact. Glock grip angle is just strange to me, the XD and XD(m) is closer to a 1911 type grip. plus the grip safety on the XD(m) is a huge perk to me, having that second safety that doesn't require remembering to turn on or off is great.

Phillip