XD40 - Need Shoulder Holster
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

XD40 - Need Shoulder Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XD40 - Need Shoulder Holster

I just bought an XD40 with a 4" barrel, I have my concealed weapons license and would like to get a hold of a horizontal shoulder holster. I am torn between getting one with a magazine holster. I was looking for some advice on comfort with or without the magazine holster (if it balances the weight better). Also, a place to purchase a shoulder holster, preferably leather.

Also, i was looking for an inside waist holster for the same gun, thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #2

You might browse: www.smartcarry.com/xdreview.htm

Last edited by squib; 01-08-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have always had excellent luck with Galco Gunleather, and while the prices might be a little high compared to some I think they are fair and the equipment is excellent and nearly impossible to wear out.

DeSantis, Mitch Rosen, Don Hume, and Bianchi also all make some nice leather gear.

The Jackass and Miami Classic are both excellent shoulder holsters from Galco, but it appears at this time they only offer the Miami Classic for your XD. The magazine carrier does help balance the ride of the holster, especially for the larger frame (heavier) guns.

XD40 - Need Shoulder Holster - XD Forum

While the Galco NSA2 and the Scout are my choice for IWB, it appears they are also not available for the XD. Of the option available, the Summer Comfort would be my choice.

XD40 - Need Shoulder Holster - XD Forum

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Last edited by Bighead; 01-08-2009 at 08:12 AM.