XD/XD(m) - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD/XD(m)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XD 9mm

Purchased an XD 9mm today and sent in for 3 free additional mags and mag pouch. Went to the range, but they were closed! Gahh! Now I have to wait til Sunday to test it out.

I really like the weight (I like a beefier gun), it actually weighs more than my SS .40 fully loaded. Of course, the difference being 16 rounds as opposed to 12.

Para bellum!!

Proud NRA Member! #172327456

Lansing, MI
Ruger P95PR and counting...

Old 11-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #12

After handling the XDs and XDms, I've decided to go with the XD . It Actually feels better in my hand (and wallet). Also I am interested in the .45 version and I can't seem to find anybody local that has one I can handle. Now hopefully I can get it by the end of the month so I can get in on the promotion. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:02 AM   #13

You will be happy with the XD. I just bought an XD40 last month and love the way it feels and shoots. Of course they have gone on sale this month and have seen them advertised for well under $400. With the three magazine promotion they have this month that is a great deal.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #14

Before I buy this gun.(XD.45 compact) Can any of you guys think of any concealment issues with it? I'm an average size guy.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5795 Times on 3026 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by fins59 View Post
Before I buy this gun.(XD.45 compact) Can any of you guys think of any concealment issues with it? I'm an average size guy.
All striker guns are pretty wide regardless of caliber or manufacturer. I love my xdm 45 but my carry is a small colt new agent. Im big enough to carry a full size xdm 45 but the width is a detriment not the length.

Im interested in a xdm45 compact. The width isnt a deal breaker just something to consider for holster choice and method of carry

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #16

Good thing width isn't a deal breaker, as I'm pretty much decided on the XD. I'm thinking I want to go with Springfield mainly for the extra safeties. I could step down to a 9mm sub compact and get all the same features, in a only slightly smaller (imhao) package. But the width would remain the same(ish). I figure eventually I'll get a smaller gun for full time carrying if I decide the XD is just to much.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5795 Times on 3026 Posts
Likes Given: 397

I think you will like it a lot. Im a 1911 person and i realllly like the xd/m guns. Just spend some time finding the right holster and a really good gun belt. The belt is the real key to comfy everyday carry.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #18

Went yesterday to pick up my new gun only to find out the gun store is running a Black Friday special. So I put it down. I guess I'll be going back tomorrow (I swore I wasn't going Black Friday shopping).Then to the range on Friday afternoon to squeeze off a few rounds.