XD/Winchester Target Range Ammo - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD/Winchester Target Range Ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
I stand my slide on end and flush the channel out with WD-40 while depressing the striker block and cycling the firing pin back and forth. I haven't tried breaking the bolt down yet, but prolly should, huh?
I'd say yes. My XD had run perfectly for over 5 yrs until that snowy trip up the mountain. I think it had finally accumulated enought copper shavings to impede the firing pin because it was failing to discharge at least 1 rnd per mag. Just happy it occured durring practice and gratefull Robo had the right answer for me.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Thanks for the heads-up, Tack!

Old 05-14-2010, 04:36 AM   #13

Default what.

ive kicked a lot of zombie target a$*!! with mine and never had this problem. atleast you fixed it thought

Old 05-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Thank for the info fellas!

I figured out how to remove the rear plate, spring, plug, ect...and shot the hell out of it with Action Blaster.

:
Was this difficult to do? Any hints or tips? I would like to attempt this, but I have visions of me fumbling around with it, and.....SPROINGGGGG!.....parts flying all over my basement

Old 05-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Glad to hear it worked out. Maybe I should take my XD apart just in case. I've got over 2000 rds thru it and while it doesn't see regular duty anymore if I reach for it, it needs to work. I haven't had a single problem so far but a preventative cleaning couldn't hurt.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Likewise with my XD, although I don't have 2,000 rounds through it yet.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:47 AM   #17

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
Was this difficult to do? Any hints or tips? I would like to attempt this, but I have visions of me fumbling around with it, and.....SPROINGGGGG!.....parts flying all over my basement
It was pretty easy, just depress the plastic ring in the middle of the rear plate. This ring is where the "cocked indicator" protrudes. Anyway, just press it in far enough to let the plate slide down and off the slide. That ring is actually like a plunger. With the plate removed you can pull out the plunger and spring, shoot it out w/Action Blaster, and re-assemble.

I did have 1 "SPOOOOOING" but got lucky as the plunger landed on my foot.

Now that I KNOW, I strongly recommend this for ALL striker guns as regular maintenance.

TACK

Old 05-19-2010, 07:47 AM   #18

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It's something that anyone with a striker fired weapon should do. I've had several over the years and you wont believe the crap that comes out sometimes. I did it to mine about every thousand rounds. I heard so many "that never happened to me" people come ask how to do it ..Just because they where curious (LOL!). You have to be careful sometimes so as not to have a BOING issue but it's really easy to do. And it can save a headache when you least expect it.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #19

Tack, thanks for the tips. My XD is pretty much brand new, but I am definitely going to keep this in mind after it has seen some use.