Xd vs xdm - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xd vs xdm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I recently was faced with the same question. My buddy wants a new .40 sw, he asked me what one I liked better. I have an XD, and my other buddy has a XDm, .40 sw as well. So we headed off to the local range to try them out. XDm had a 3.8 barrel, my XD has the 4, I noticed his has a little more whip, I liked the higher cap mags, I didn't feel a big difference in the grips. My take? (Let me put on my combat helmet real quick here) Now, I'm no pistolero by any means, I hardly shoot mine, but I couldn't really see $200 worth of difference. XDm is a damn fine gun, but not worth $200 more to me.

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry bout that. Said it failed so I submitted again. Now it's on twice. Thanks iPhone!

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 02-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #13

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool
XDm is a damn fine gun, but not worth $200 more to me.
I'm on the same page as you. I cant justify the $200 difference. I can tell you that my preference is springfield xd over the glock 22.

Shot my buddies g22; most inaccurate gun i've ever shot; wasnt just me either the 3 other buddies had the same problem.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using FirearmsTalk

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Old 02-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker View Post
I'm on the same page as you. I cant justify the $200 difference. I can tell you that my preference is springfield xd over the glock 22.

Shot my buddies g22; most inaccurate gun i've ever shot; wasnt just me either the 3 other buddies had the same problem.

i bought my XDm40 for a really good price, and would i pay $200 more for the XDm over the XD? maybe, just not for sure on that one. sometimes my decisions on firearms are emotional, being if i really like something better than something else, then i will just go ahead and buy it, regardless of the price difference.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #15

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
(...) buy it, regardless of the price difference.
Thats great for folks that can afford it. Some do not have extra income as others do. No disrespect intended.

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Old 02-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #16
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnHiker View Post
Thats great for folks that can afford it. Some do not have extra income as others do. No disrespect intended.

smoky, i learned many years ago, that settling for less than i really wanted, just left me feeling dissatified in the long run. so i either just bite the bullet and buy it, or save up and buy it, or sell or trade something not quite meeting my expectations. i have put guns on layaway before, because i didn't have the full amount at the time. there are many ways to get what you want if it's what you really want. careful shopping has paid off on things i wanted also, but only really works on things that are commonly available. sometimes, there are things that don't come along everyday, and when they do, you just go for it, because it might be a long time before you see another one. just my way of doing it.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

The difference in the two was enough for me, especially the trigger. Before the XDM came out, I tried XDs that belonged to friends of mine. I like Glock triggers better. But when I tried the XDM, I bought it.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs