XD vs XDM - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD vs XDM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 07:46 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Not according to the HS-ARMS site:

HS-Arms HS XDM 4.5"

But then again, it doesn't mention this for the 5" Tactical either....which this definately does have 10-rnd mags available. As it is the only model legal in Aust (min 120mm barrel by law) and we are subject to a 10-rnd mag limit, annoyingly.
No. Springfield does not make 10rd magazines for the XDm, nor does any aftermarket manufacturer at this point, however, the 16 rd mags can be legally transported into a 10rd state disassembled as long as some type of limiting measure is installed before the mags are put back together. Basically, you can get the XDm with disassembled mags, then put a bolt on the sideplate under the position of the 10th round, then put the mags back together. Unfortunatley, without a factory 10rd mag, they will not be available for FFL-civilian sales in 10rd states, so hoops must be jumped through to acquire one.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrax View Post
Considering an XD, is it worth it ot upgrade to the XDM?
I just went through a similar scenario for my first handgun and I chose the XDM-9.

Originally want a Glock in .40 but it didn't fit my hand well. Re-evaluated and looked at other options (CZ, FN, H&K, Sig, S&W, Beretta, and Springfield). XDM came on top mostly due to fit and budget constraints. XDM fit my hands better than XD and it looked better as well so we went with it.

The change from .40 to 9mm was due to ammo cost and recoil since usage will be shared between me and my wife.

I was told the believe that shot placement is more important that caliber size. That said, we intent to practice a lot and don't want the ammo cost to stop or discourage us from doing so.

Hope this help you a bit.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:11 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I shot the XDM9 3.8 right out of the box last night and was very please with the firearm. Good balance and nice trigger and wery wery accurate. If I were looking for a CC 9mm I would definitely consider this firearm.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #24

I have the M 9mm and the SC 9mm. I would advise you to look at the SC if you are planning to CC. It (to me) is a great choice for CC. And it shoots really good.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:03 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleshot View Post
I have the M 9mm and the SC 9mm. I would advise you to look at the SC if you are planning to CC. It (to me) is a great choice for CC. And it shoots really good.
We do not have CC in Wisconsin and if we did I'd carry a SAI Champion Operator in 45. I just thought the XDM9 3.8 was a fun gun to shoot.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Dewd. Like.....Dewd.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 04-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts