Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   XD vs Glock Recoil (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xd-vs-glock-recoil-2334/)

AmesVond 10-16-2007 04:11 PM

XD vs Glock Recoil

What do you guys think, does the Glock produce more real/perceived recoil or does the XD?

tdtucka5 11-28-2007 11:44 PM

ive never shot an xd or a glock. im not old enough yet to have one so ill find out soon. but looking at the xd the grip is more north and south then the glock. so if looks tell then the springfield would have greater recoil.

Bidah 11-29-2007 01:38 PM

Are we talking about real recoil or perceived recoil? Which caliber.

IMO, owning both, there is close to zero difference. Of course that may vary depending on how YOU handle recoil, and how much of an effect the different grip angles have for you.

-Bidah

Landor 03-14-2008 06:41 PM

My opinion is Glock always has a bigger recoil or at least it feels bigger. I don't know if it is the grip angle or because it is light then lets say the XD.

GunnBugg 03-17-2008 11:17 PM

Either is quite manageable and very similar. If you don't like the recoil, you can always get aftermarket guide rods and springs for either, as well.

Tupelomadman 03-29-2008 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bidah (Post 12214)
Are we talking about real recoil or perceived recoil? Which caliber.

IMO, owning both, there is close to zero difference. Of course that may vary depending on how YOU handle recoil, and how much of an effect the different grip angles have for you.

-Bidah

Got the XD 40 sub and 45 service 4". The mag handle of the XD is a little bit more rounder than the glock. I believe the glock's flatter, longer handle is reason why it has a little more recoil.

sniperranger93 03-29-2008 10:27 PM

i also own both a glock and a XD. Granted they are different calibers (Glock .40, and XD .45) i find that they dont have much a difference. Both feel good and both handle well.

dgray64 07-03-2008 07:53 PM

Yup. I had a Glock 22 in .40 S&W and it tended to have more muzzle rise on firing, causing the shooter (me) to have to concentrate to re-acquire the target. The gun tended to twist in my hand as well. A rubber sleeve type grip cover helped, but it was inconsistent so I traded it for a new XD40. Wow, that XD fit my hand like a glove, and it put all the bullets through the targets where they were aimed, easily. Not as much real or perceived recoil with the XD40!

Dave :):)

Balou 07-29-2008 01:28 AM

recoil

XD45 recoil was perceptively less then the 40 Glock. My personal and humble experience only, other results may vary. 45 was 230 grain FMJ, and the 40 was 180 TMJ. Defense rounds may vary with recoil, but the XD has a recoil system, the glock a recoil spring (if stock). Again, it was my experience. You should really try both pistols out and see for yourself.

G21.45 07-29-2008 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmesVond (Post 10293)
What do you guys think, does the Glock produce more real/perceived recoil or does the XD?

:confused: Some of these responses are jokes, right? There is no way in Hell that - CALIBER FOR CALIBER - a Glock is going to have more of any kind of recoil than an XD - Absolutely no way!

Anyone who fails to appreciate or recognize this fact simply isn't doing enough pistol shooting - Period. :)