XD Tactical holster, competition
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum >

XD Tactical holster, competition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XD Tactical holster, competition

Need a source for holster for 3-gun competition for XD Tactical 5", not for CCW. Any holster with open bottom not likely to work as gun is pushed out of holster when dropping to prone position to fire rifle. Many suppliers specify "for XD 4inch", but I am concerned that it won't fit the Tactical. Small Kydex that came with gun is a constant problem...if adjusted tight enough to keep gun in holster, then it takes two hands to pull it out.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-20-2012, 03:08 AM   #2

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

If you get the Blackhawk holster out has a simple retention system that won't increase your draw time at all. I have one for open carry and it works flawlessly.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply.
Is that the Serpa? If so, am I going to be rejected from some competition sites due to controversy regarding "negligent discharges" with this holster?

Old 01-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefcat
Thanks for the reply.
Is that the Serpa? If so, am I going to be rejected from some competition sites due to controversy regarding "negligent discharges" with this holster?
Try raven concealment systems

Old 01-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #5

Thanks for the note

Old 01-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #6

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have heard some competitions/ranges banning the Serpa holster. IMHO this is a user problem. Bad training. Every person carrying a gun period should live by this rule. Finger at register until ready to fire. I have never even heard of a person using this rule with a negligent discharge. If your finger is on the trigger you better be aimed at your target already. Banning the holster is like blaming the gun for an owner who shoots himself while cleaning his weapon. Still the gun owners fault.

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-24-2012, 02:49 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty View Post
I have heard some competitions/ranges banning the Serpa holster. IMHO this is a user problem. Bad training. Every person carrying a gun period should live by this rule. Finger at register until ready to fire. I have never even heard of a person using this rule with a negligent discharge. If your finger is on the trigger you better be aimed at your target already. Banning the holster is like blaming the gun for an owner who shoots himself while cleaning his weapon. Still the gun owners fault.
It's not so simple as that. There is, IMO, a design flaw in the holster. Here's a good video that describes the problem better than I could with text.

I put in a second vote for Raven Concealment. The Phantom is a fantastic holster. Mine should be arriving soon.

-Fred

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"