Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   XD Tactical holster, competition (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xd-tactical-holster-competition-55815/)

chefcat 01-19-2012 04:20 AM

XD Tactical holster, competition

Need a source for holster for 3-gun competition for XD Tactical 5", not for CCW. Any holster with open bottom not likely to work as gun is pushed out of holster when dropping to prone position to fire rifle. Many suppliers specify "for XD 4inch", but I am concerned that it won't fit the Tactical. Small Kydex that came with gun is a constant problem...if adjusted tight enough to keep gun in holster, then it takes two hands to pull it out.

InDefenseofLiberty 01-20-2012 03:08 AM

If you get the Blackhawk holster out has a simple retention system that won't increase your draw time at all. I have one for open carry and it works flawlessly.

chefcat 01-21-2012 09:34 PM

Thanks for the reply.
Is that the Serpa? If so, am I going to be rejected from some competition sites due to controversy regarding "negligent discharges" with this holster?

billb 01-22-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefcat
Thanks for the reply.
Is that the Serpa? If so, am I going to be rejected from some competition sites due to controversy regarding "negligent discharges" with this holster?

Try raven concealment systems

chefcat 01-23-2012 12:36 PM

Thanks for the note

InDefenseofLiberty 01-23-2012 05:06 PM

I have heard some competitions/ranges banning the Serpa holster. IMHO this is a user problem. Bad training. Every person carrying a gun period should live by this rule. Finger at register until ready to fire. I have never even heard of a person using this rule with a negligent discharge. If your finger is on the trigger you better be aimed at your target already. Banning the holster is like blaming the gun for an owner who shoots himself while cleaning his weapon. Still the gun owners fault.

FCross7 01-24-2012 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InDefenseofLiberty (Post 686638)
I have heard some competitions/ranges banning the Serpa holster. IMHO this is a user problem. Bad training. Every person carrying a gun period should live by this rule. Finger at register until ready to fire. I have never even heard of a person using this rule with a negligent discharge. If your finger is on the trigger you better be aimed at your target already. Banning the holster is like blaming the gun for an owner who shoots himself while cleaning his weapon. Still the gun owners fault.

It's not so simple as that. There is, IMO, a design flaw in the holster. Here's a good video that describes the problem better than I could with text.

I put in a second vote for Raven Concealment. The Phantom is a fantastic holster. Mine should be arriving soon.

-Fred