Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xd tactical flashlight w/ holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Xd tactical flashlight w/ holster

En I was taking my cwp class there was a guy there with a flashlight for his xd. He also had the holster that fit the accessory. I never got to ask him where he purchased it. Anyone on here know where I could start looking?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-31-2012, 02:06 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

I'd do more leg work, but my phone won't work the drop down boxes on BLACKHAWK's website. Try to check out the BLACKHAWK! website was well as the Fobus website, or maybe Galls; they have a ton of stuff. Just guesses, but somewhere to start.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #3

Thanks. Ya I'm just looking for somewhere to start looking. I'll check those sites out.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:12 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

What are you going to be using your holster for? CCW, Range, work?
Are you looking for a dropleg or a OWB? Leather, nylon, carbon fiber, etc..

I know of 2 holsters that are made for an XD with a light mounted. One is the Safariland 6360 and Bladetech "tactical light bearing holster".

The Blackhawk Serpa holster is made for the XD as well but if I read it correctly you can only use the Blackhawk weapon light with it because of its smaller and slimmer size.

Hope it helps.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf
What are you going to be using your holster for? CCW, Range, work?
Are you looking for a dropleg or a OWB? Leather, nylon, carbon fiber, etc..

I know of 2 holsters that are made for an XD with a light mounted. One is the Safariland 6360 and Bladetech "tactical light bearing holster".

The Blackhawk Serpa holster is made for the XD as well but if I read it correctly you can only use the Blackhawk weapon light with it because of its smaller and slimmer size.

Hope it helps.
I planed on using it for ccw . I was kind of going for carbon fiber, and it would b sweet if I could switch from waist to dropleg when I wanted to for the range and hunting

Old 09-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsshadowninja View Post
I planed on using it for ccw . I was kind of going for carbon fiber, and it would b sweet if I could switch from waist to dropleg when I wanted to for the range and hunting
In my opinion your going to be hard pressed to carry your XD with a light mounted on your weapon concealed, unless you wear a jacket all the time. Most of the holsters designed for carrying your weapon with a light mounted at all times are designed for duty belt's or for drop-leg carry.

Since you are wanting to go from belt carry to drop leg your choices are limited. You will be hard pressed to find a leather holster that will fit the bill. You might look at Blackhawk's Serpa (they do not have a Serpa holster to fit an XD with a light mounted at this time) or Blackhawk's Omega Elite Holster VI or even Eagle Industries SAS Mark V Holster with Light Mount Similar Products. The last 2 holsters you can pull the extender off and mount the holster to your belt.

I carry my XD or my Sig P-226R in a Milt Sparks VM-II or a Galco Combat Masters with a Surefire X300 in my pocket or on a Blackhawk CQC Dual Rail Accessory Belt Loop or a CQC Dual Rail Accessory Paddle with a spare magazine.

Hope this helps. In the past 25yrs I have tried and replaced more holsters then I can remember. It is going to take time to find what works for you. Sometime what you want and what you can find are totally different. Good luck.