Xd or sr9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xd or sr9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 82 Times on 59 Posts

Default Xd or sr9

Don't really need another carry would like the option just debating between the two the full size in both models. Which in your opinion is the most accurate? I love both only shot a few times but can't decide just want to hear everyone's opinions on the two so let's say just for a very accurate reliable bed side gun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

both fine weapons. I would not rate one over the other in accuracy or reliability. the ruger is less expensive to purchase and less bulky to carry. to me it comes down to personal preference and what you will use it for. the Sr will conceal better. no bad choice here. I own both and enjoy shooting both. they are on my all time favorites list.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

SIMPLE choice!

XD= made in Croatia

SR9= MADE IN AMERICA!

I go American made!!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
readygirl Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj
SIMPLE choice!

XD= made in Croatia

SR9= MADE IN AMERICA!

I go American made!!!
True but I bet those little Croatians worked there ass off to! Nah but it doesn't come down to that for me it comes down to the reliability and ergonomics and esthetics really. Although the xd isn't beauty the xdm does look pretty nice. The sr series are great guns to though especially the ss man they look good.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1977 Times on 1071 Posts
Likes Given: 587

I have an XD45c and an SR9c. I am a little faster with the SR9c but both are accurate. I like the SR9c better than the 9mm XD pistols. The XD in 9mm just seems a little too blocky and top heavy. Feels over sized for the cartridge. The gun in my night stand is a CZ P07.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Last edited by JTJ; 07-04-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I have an XD45c and an SR9c. I am a little faster with the SR9c but both are accurate. I like the SR9c better than the 9mm XD pistols but the gun in my night stand is a CZ P07.
Reasons why you like sr better than xd 9mm?

Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1977 Times on 1071 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblowe13 View Post
Mostly personal preference. Feel and balance. They are both excellent pistols. The XD tends to be a little heavier. Triggers are very similar. Just seems like I am shooting a 9mm out of a pistol meant for a 45. I dont like the 9mm in a full size 1911 either.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
fmj

Quote:
IMHO the sr9c has one of THE BEST factory triggers i have ever fondled on a handgun. Easy pull with a crisp break. Fun to shoot.

The one i shot was a friends and i am seriously thinking about getting one for myself. Might hold out for a sr45c

Old 07-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

IMHO the sr9c has one of THE BEST factory triggers i have ever fondled on a handgun. Easy pull with a crisp break. Fun to shoot.

The one i shot was a friends and i am seriously thinking about getting one for myself. Might hold out for a sr45c
Really funny you say that cause that's one thing that was turning me away from the sr was the trigger. I use to own the 40c and that trigger felt way to sticky to me. Maybe it's just me used to the xd trigger and 1911.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
fmj

Quote:
Really funny you say that cause that's one thing that was turning me away from the sr was the trigger. I use to own the 40c and that trigger felt way to sticky to me. Maybe it's just me used to the xd trigger and 1911.
LOL! I have no personal experience with the XD's.

I dropped a wilson combat trigger group into my SA 1911...THAT is a sweet trigger.

I have to deduce, that factory triggers vary greatly from one gun to the next. Dunno why that is. I have heard many complain vehemently about the trigger on a Kel Tec PF-9 yet i dont find mine to be all that terrible...not near as sweet as my 1911, or as crisp as the SR9c i shot...but notas bad as many have them out to be.

I guess you just need to chalk it up to mass production...kinda like cars/trucks...you never want one produced on a monday or a friday.