XD Mod.2 series
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD Mod.2 series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 354 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 186

Default XD Mod.2 series

Has anyone had a chance to look at the new XD Mod.2 yet? What are your thoughts.

Caliber: 9x19MM/.40S&W
Capacity: 9x19MM 13+1 w/x-tension 16+1
.40 S&W 9+1 Rds 12+1 Rds W/X-Tension™
Grip Width: 1.19”
Weight: 26oz W/Empty Mag
27oz W/X-Tension™
Length 6.25”
Height 4.75”
5.5” W/X-Tension™
Barrel 3” Hammer Forged
Slide Forged Steel
Frame Polymer
Finish Melonite®
Magazines 1 Stainless Steel Flush &
1 Full-Sized W/X-Tension™

As for me no .45 caliber not interested.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2014, 01:45 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6620 Times on 3518 Posts
Likes Given: 490

havent seen one in person but im not a fan of the xd. xdm yes xd no
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 11-17-2014, 08:06 PM   #3

Liked 3227 Times on 1618 Posts
Likes Given: 422

http://www.gunsandammo.com/first-look/springfield-armory-xd-mod-2-sub-compact-pistol/?utm_content=9683938&utm_medium=social&utm_source= facebook

Quote:
The newborn Mod. 2 sets out to improve the shooter’s experience with GripZone. According to Springfield, “GripZone is every surface on the frame that makes contact with your hand.”
During its development, human biomechanics were engineered into the placement and textures of GripZone. Three different textures are molded into specific parts of the grip where slip-resistance is most critical. The resulting ergonomic improvement gives shooters more traction on the grip surface while applying less force on the frame.
In addition to the GripZone treatment, Springfield Armory has also re-contoured the grip and reduced the frame’s circumference. Overall, its 1.19-inch grip width measures one tenth of an inch thinner than the original XD Sub-Compact. Other changes to the frame include a rounded trigger guard and a slim-contoured disassembly lever. While many dimensional changes were applied to the new design, the XD Mod. 2 Sub-Compact maintains compatibility with original XD magazines and holsters.
The XD Mod. 2′s reduced frame size also results in a slimmer slide for improved concealability. Shooters will take notice of the new posi-wedge slide serrations that bear close resemblance to those of the single-stack XD-S. Atop the slide, a low-profile rear combat sight and fiber optic front sight offer an extra 1/2-inch sight radius as well as faster target acquisition. The pistol also comes with red and green fiber optic replacement rods.
I really hope they aren't going to do this to the rest of the line XD & XDm up.
Seriously... Grip zone? WTF? How lame is that. Why not "Extreme Grip Zone?" Crap like that might be great on the side of a pair of athletic shoes, but it looks idiotic on the side of a pistol.
So, yeah, not a fan. It strikes me as change for change's sake. Admittedly XDs were always a bit clunky looking compared to Glocks and M&Ps. I accept that. This looks like they sent the design work out to a Chinese toy company.

Opinions vary of course, but I'm not going to be trading my XD40SC in for that thing.
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 11-17-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2749 Times on 1500 Posts
Likes Given: 788

More than a bit clunky. I have an XD45 compact and it is a good gun. Easy to shoot but it is top heavy. Definitely not a 1911 but it holds more with less weight. Sales probably flattened so they came up with a new latest and greatest.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #5

Liked 551 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 1330

i love my XDm's in 40 and 9mm, along with my XD45 compact. great guns. do everything i require and nothing more.

but it looks like that is based off the XDs series to me. i haven't had a chance to fully check out the XDs yet, so i can't really comment if this series 2 version is better or worse. i do appreciate the slimness of going single stack though.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:58 PM   #6

Liked 3227 Times on 1618 Posts
Likes Given: 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock999 View Post
i love my XDm's in 40 and 9mm, along with my XD45 compact. great guns. do everything i require and nothing more.

but it looks like that is based off the XDs series to me. i haven't had a chance to fully check out the XDs yet, so i can't really comment if this series 2 version is better or worse. i do appreciate the slimness of going single stack though.
It's not a single stack. The XD SubCompact is not to be confused with the XDs. Two different critters. The XDs shares it's lineage with the XDm Series. This is an update of the older XD series, the XD Subcompact in particular.

Quote:
Overall, its 1.19-inch grip width measures one tenth of an inch thinner than the original XD Sub-Compact. (WooHoo a tenth of an inch!) Other changes to the frame include a rounded trigger guard and a slim-contoured disassembly lever. While many dimensional changes were applied to the new design, the XD Mod. 2 Sub-Compact maintains compatibility with original XD magazines and holsters.
File Type: jpg XD series.jpg (31.8 KB, 117 views)
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 11-17-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Warlock999 Likes This 
Old 12-31-2014, 02:35 PM   #7

i bought the xd mod 2. fires consistent with the point and shoot technology of the entire xd line. ergonomics are slightly different--not sure that it is enough of a change to say it effects the recoil compared to the xd subcompact or xds but is easy shooting and the grip is nice and sturdy in the hand. I will carry this in my purse for concealment and not on my body only because it is a bit too heavy for my taste when loaded with the 13 rounds. probably not an issue for a man used to carrying subcompact double stack though. I have no issues with it at this point--am still breaking it in however--so far so good. thanks.

Old 12-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3245 Times on 1575 Posts
Likes Given: 1635

They have several to choose from and it obviously is an indivdual choice. But I like the XDS in 45 ACP. One of my nw carry guns! Very easy to hide and the power to do the job.

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 12-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 310 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I used to have an XD45c, currently have an XDm45, XDs9, and XDs45...they're all really good guns, so this probably is too. I plan to add an XDm9 5.25" to my collection at some point. It's really all about personal tastes. I'm sold on the fit and finish of the XDm for my desires. When it comes to tupperware, I also have a couple Glocks and a CZ P-09. I like them a little less, but they're plenty good to keep around.

Buy what suits your hands and your tastes. If they fit you, I can't offer a bad word about the polymer pistols from Sig, CZ, Walther, Beretta, Glock, H&K, Ruger, FN, S&W, or Springfield. I've shot the vast majority and they're all highly reliable and generally more accurate than me. Taurus is (IMO) a mostly good brand with too many QC issues. In other words...most Taurii are quite good; but there are too many that fall short for me to depend on them. But I'd trust a well-tested Taurus too.

There's a bevy of 99+% reliable poly auto pistols on the market right now. That's a good thing. It just depends on the ergos, grip, controls, sight picture, trigger, size, weight, capacity, and budget that each shooter is after. I'd trust any of those listed above (in red) to generally perform like champs. There are surely other fine options, those are simply the mainstream examples. Buy whatever fits.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:20 PM   #10

Liked 81 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 36

As usual, personal preference. I love my xdm 45 and I would take ANY SA over any Glock (after owning Glock and moving on). Nothing bad to say about Glock functionality, but they are not for me ergonomically. And let's not call SA's ugly compared to Glocks. Glocks are very pretty if you are a bricklayer, but that's about it.

Buy what fits you best and what you shoot well.
Sig 938 Extreme
SA 1911 SS Loaded Model
Sig 716 Patrol .308
Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan .44 mag, 2.5" snubby
H&K VP9
CZ 527 Carbine 7.62X39
CZ 97BD
CZ 75 PCR