Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xd(m) .45 5.25

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Xd(m) .45 5.25

I saw a post on the XD(M) .45, 5.25. by Glockenstein describing a misfire problem wiwith this gun which he otherwise really liked.I have been trying various semiautomatics and had zeroed in on this one, maybe with a 4.5 barrel, haven't decided that. However, I experienced the exact same misfire problem while trying the gun at the range. The primer had been struck (lightly??), but the gun did not fire. The bullets were fine. The guys at the range attributed the problem to a need for cleaning or refurbishing.

Also, I saw another blog (not on this sight) from a guy whose XD(M) had misfired and sometimes failed to load the battery. It ultimately blew up on him!! Otherwise, I hear nothing but good things about Springfield and the XD(M)!!

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

Never shot the .45, but my .40 has 3000 rounds and counting with no issues.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #3

Default XDm

Thanks for the feedback. Finding one in this market is now the challenge

Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I have a .45 XD Tactical. No problems here, boss.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5315 Times on 2774 Posts
Likes Given: 335

any firearm can malfunction when proper maintenance is ignored. kabooms typically arise from running improperly loaded ammunition. factory ammo is no different than handloads both can be drastically out of spec.

google glock + kaboom sometime or 1911 + kaboom

you will see what i mean.

there are three xdm in my house. the wife has a 4.5 in 9mm ive got 2 45's in 4.5 and 3.8. not a lick of issues. my 3.8 is a daily carry

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-15-2013, 04:29 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 225 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I have an XDm45 that I shoot a bunch and consider my go-to HD pistol. I have an an XDs45 that I shoot quite a bit and carry daily. I also previously had an XD45 service model. Zero problems of any kind with any of these guns through thousands of rounds. Absolutely zero.

That's why I have an XDm9 5.25" on order...if the market would just loosen up and recover a bit.