Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   XD Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/)
-   -   XD customization (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f59/xd-customization-77530/)

lbwar15 12-02-2012 10:43 AM

XD customization

Ok I love my XD .45 sm how it is (completely factory). But now I won't to do something that will give it the WOW!! Factor. But I dont know what.

I dont wont to duracoat it some ridicules color. I don't wont a big over dramatic compensater. And I don't wont to polish the slide.

So what dose everyone thank? What would you do if it was yours?

gladesbassin 12-02-2012 11:59 AM

Trade it in for a 1911 or h&k lololol j/k I saw your response in the other thread.

lbwar15 12-02-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gladesbassin
Trade it in for a 1911 or h&k lololol j/k I saw your response in the other thread.

Lol yea. I'd rather have them all. I have never sold or traded a gun. And I don't plan on it. If I won't another gun I will just buy it out right. Needles to say I have a long wish list.

ZombieBrawler 12-02-2012 12:34 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Or inspiration i saw the first chrome barreled one here, then that got me thinking and i went crazy on mine, not chrome though, robar np3+. Has every PRP mod there is for the .45

gladesbassin 12-02-2012 12:35 PM

So what can you do to an xd? I'm sure night sights which is one thing I would do. I'm with you on the long list also, too bad I want more firearms than I have money. Lol

HOSSFLY 12-02-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbwar15 (Post 1035540)
Ok I love my XD .45 sm how it is (completely factory). But now I won't to do something that will give it the WOW!! Factor. But I dont know what.

I dont wont to duracoat it some ridicules color. I don't wont a big over dramatic compensater. And I don't wont to polish the slide.

So what dose everyone thank? What would you do if it was yours?

Shoot it - clean it then shoot it some more :o
BTW- Thank you for not doing that to a gud gun- Also don't color in the lettering :(

http://pbrmg.photobucket.com/albums/...00/45469-1.jpg

ZombieBrawler 12-02-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

So what can you do to an xd? I'm sure night sights which is one thing I would do. I'm with you on the long list also, too bad I want more firearms than I have money. Lol

Bleh night sights, the truglow tfo's are much better. And quite a few things you can do, anything you can think of im sure you can get done. Like mine has barrel work solid guide rod both in robar np3+ trigger sights mag tuning and stainless steel pins throughout.

Axxe55 12-02-2012 06:51 PM

persoanally i see the polymer pistols as more a utility type firearm. they were not really made to customize and bling out. my XDm40 is totally stock and might at the most get a set of night sights. i have bought several more mags and might buy a few more. but i like mine as it came from the factory and see doing anything else to it, would just make it ugly and gaudy. but everyone has different tastes, so to each his own.

gladesbassin 12-02-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieBrawler

Bleh night sights, the truglow tfo's are much better. And quite a few things you can do, anything you can think of im sure you can get done. Like mine has barrel work solid guide rod both in robar np3+ trigger sights mag tuning and stainless steel pins throughout.

I dont like the tru-glo tfos..I feel like I'm putting glow sticks on top of my slide.

ZombieBrawler 12-03-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

I dont like the tru-glo tfos..I feel like I'm putting glow sticks on top of my slide.

If you try them you might like the fact they allways work very well in all lighting or no lighting and done need charging or the need to reflect light like some do. Its nice with it being a nightstand gun at night because i can allways see my 3 dots so theres no struggle to find it. But you like what you do, i just think they work well reguardless how they look.