XD better value than XDM? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD better value than XDM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Here is another way to search for FFL holders in your area by zip code. GunsAmerica - Find An FFL Dealer - Guns For Sale & Gun Auctions B"H

Seems in my area, FFL holders charge about $20.00 to do a transfer. My understanding is that when you buy out of state, you don't pay sales tax.

Also my experience is that at Gunshows dealer are willing to negotiate on price a little. For example, the XDm 9mm is $550 and the .40 S&W is 575. Ask for the .40 S&W at the price of the 9 mm.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #42

Whit out a doubt the XDm is a sweet gun, and it is more accurate than the normal XD. If you are shooting competition or are working on accuracy on shots, you will like the XDm, but if you are looking for a HD/SD hand gun the XD is more than adequate.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #43

What I would love to do is get about 5 people together from my area, go to the same dealer at a gun show & make them respectable offers on 5 guns. Buying in bulk always seems to work.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #44

I live in Winter Haven, Florida. $625 is great, but I'd prefer $600 even. I checked gunbrokers.com on the Better Business Bureau site & they have alot of complaints lodged against them. What is you experience with gunbrokers.com?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsnakes View Post
I live in Winter Haven, Florida. $625 is great, but I'd prefer $600 even. I checked gunbrokers.com on the Better Business Bureau site & they have alot of complaints lodged against them. What is you experience with gunbrokers.com?
Hey JR I have sent Emails to all the dealers near Winter Haven I can find. i told them I can get them for $549 and that you are looking for one around the same price. No more than $600 total price. Hopefully someone will bite. I will let you know. Oh do you want the full sized XDM 40 Or the 3.8, and Black or duo tone?

Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry 1971): I know what you’re thinking. “Did he fire six shots or only five?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?http://www.daddythrasher.com/

Old 04-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_Thrasher View Post
Hey JR I have sent Emails to all the dealers near Winter Haven I can find. i told them I can get them for $549 and that you are looking for one around the same price. No more than $600 total price. Hopefully someone will bite. I will let you know. Oh do you want the full sized XDM 40 Or the 3.8, and Black or duo tone?

full size, black

Old 04-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #47

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom-1911 View Post
Whit out a doubt the XDm is a sweet gun, and it is more accurate than the normal XD. If you are shooting competition or are working on accuracy on shots, you will like the XDm, but if you are looking for a HD/SD hand gun the XD is more than adequate.

So the word that the XDm is more accurate correct? yeah its marketed with the 'Match' barrel but is this a definitive improvement or just anecdotal? (As you say, regarding competition any edge has got to be a plus)

That said, I would love to be able to get hold of one as the ergonomics look to be an improvement, but that isn't a legal possibility here. All for the sake of 1/2" barrel length! dammit stupid laws.

[One offtopic ? hope ya don't mind me raising it here - Can you guys just buy accessories over the net no problem? One of the members in my club has been trying to get the HSarms Aust distributor to get in a reloader for over 9 months now, and she's pretty much given up now. Can only buy firearms-related stuff like holsters/reloaders etc thru a registered dealer here...was wondering if any similar restrictions apply Stateside]

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 04-04-2010, 02:19 AM   #48
ajb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
[One offtopic ? hope ya don't mind me raising it here - Can you guys just buy accessories over the net no problem? One of the members in my club has been trying to get the HSarms Aust distributor to get in a reloader for over 9 months now, and she's pretty much given up now. Can only buy firearms-related stuff like holsters/reloaders etc thru a registered dealer here...was wondering if any similar restrictions apply Stateside]
Yes, we can buy about anything online and have it shipped to the house.

We can buy guns online as long as they are shipped to a dealer.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:42 AM   #49

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I might have guessed!

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 04-04-2010, 02:43 AM   #50

Thanks for sending the emails & getting that info for me, I appreciate it