Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD better value than XDM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2010, 04:48 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
SOunds like you got a great deal. That is about 100 cheaper than I can find. That seems like the price of an XD around here in Central PA.
Yeah its cheaper than they had at the gun show. The local gun shop Is moving to a bigger location and is having a big sale so I jumped on it! My coworker got a brand new Berretta PX4 for the same price! Not sure where you live but if you live in GA or Southern SC its worth the trip to athens to check them out. Cydes Armory. They sell everything from Full auto M4 to Ruger p90s'They also have a lot of used police guns (for very cheap) Glock 22 gen 3 used for around $400.

oops i see you live in central PA

Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry 1971): I know what you’re thinking. “Did he fire six shots or only five?” Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you’ve got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?http://www.daddythrasher.com/

Last edited by Daddy_Thrasher; 03-20-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #22

Okay the purchase has been made. Feel like I got a good deal. Went to the Harrisburg, PA gun show and found the 40 XDM 3.8 bi-tone for $550.00 NIB. With tax and background check $575.00 out the door. I got three 16 rd mags as there were two in the box and one in the gun. Feel like I got an extra mag for some reason. This is about $100 cheaper than any gun store around and was about $100 cheaper than many of the other vendors at the show. Happy with the purchase and I look forward to swaping the back straps in and out to see which one I like the best. Just went out and put 50 rds of Federal American Eagle and it ate them up then put about 30 rds of my reloads and it ate them no problem. Noticable less recoil with my reloads. It shoots nice. Trigger is much nicer that the S&W Sigma I am used to. I am set up to handload 40 S&W so I should be shooting this gun a lot in the near future.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #23

Congrats, 550 the going price around these parts too. A few friends have got the xdm recently. The guy in town sells em like crack.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:09 AM   #24

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I still hate you all (metaphorically, heh ) for being able to source these for less than 1200 bucks!

Up to the $1000-mark in my savings now...and stil got about 600 to go (including $ for the safe, Permit to Accquire etc)

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #25

Just read through this thread again and the XDM 40 3.8 barrel DOES have the match barrel. I like the holster it comes with for shooting at the range, but will be looking for something to go Inside waistband with it for CC if I even decide to carry CC with it. Also have not been able to pop out the pin to swap the backstraps. I do not have the type of punch the owners manual recommends and didn't want to force it or break it with the little screw drivers I was trying.

Is getting tha backstrap pin out a pain or do I just need to give it a good WHACK??

Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #26

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Just read through this thread again and the XDM 40 3.8 barrel DOES have the match barrel. I like the holster it comes with for shooting at the range, but will be looking for something to go Inside waistband with it for CC if I even decide to carry CC with it. Also have not been able to pop out the pin to swap the backstraps. I do not have the type of punch the owners manual recommends and didn't want to force it or break it with the little screw drivers I was trying.

Is getting tha backstrap pin out a pain or do I just need to give it a good WHACK??
It's her first time be gentle.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

Make sure you use the the proper size punch, because you could damage the backstrap if the punch gets too wide too quickly, and if your punch is too small you could damage the pin. After I got the right equipment, it wasn't too difficult to swap the backstraps out. I use pliers to pull out the pin once I get it through to the other side so I dont have to keep beating on my xdm.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Yes, just go to your local hardware store and get a set, they only cost around $10 and they come in handy for all kinds of stuff. Other than that, you don't really have to be gentle with an XD.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:44 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Try this punch set from Harbor Freight.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I own one and saved me a lot of money on my previous "hobby"

By the way, there are lots of discount coupons (15%-20%) for HF online.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:28 AM   #30

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Everything from Harbor freight is made in China. I usually try and attempt to buy quality American made tools. Sometimes you can't find 'em, but it's worth a shot.

You know what they say. . .

Lost your job yet? Keep buying foreign. . .

Newest Threads