XD better value than XDM?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD better value than XDM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XD better value than XDM?

For the past few weeks, I have read just about every thread on this XD forum and am reading everything I can On-line about the XD and XDm. I have narrowed my choice down to either the Bi-tone XD40 Service Model or Bi-tone XDm40 3.8. I am wondering now with the release of the XDm and everyone wanting th newest and most improved toy. Has the XD come down in price? and is the XD a better value now since the XDm has come out? I have found The XD I am looking for about ($519.00 Bi-tone) and ($480.00 matte finish). The XDm I am looking for is around ($669.00 Bi-tone). A $150.00 difference?? I am always looking for the best value in everything I buy. How does $519. for the XD 40 Service Model compre to what you paid for your XD or what you are seing at gun stores and gun shows for the xd??
How does 669.00 for the XDm compare to what you have paid or what you are seeing in shops and shows??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
How does 669.00 for the XDm compare to what you have paid or what you are seeing in shops and shows??
For $676 I got my bi-tone XDM-40 delivered with 2 extra magazines. Cost includes shipping, ins and FFL fee. The XDM alone is only $570 online.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:17 PM   #3

i paid right around $500 for my both my XD40 sub compact and my XD45 service.

Old 03-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
For the past few weeks, I have read just about every thread on this XD forum and am reading everything I can On-line about the XD and XDm. I have narrowed my choice down to either the Bi-tone XD40 Service Model or Bi-tone XDm40 3.8. I am wondering now with the release of the XDm and everyone wanting th newest and most improved toy. Has the XD come down in price? and is the XD a better value now since the XDm has come out? I have found The XD I am looking for about ($519.00 Bi-tone) and ($480.00 matte finish). The XDm I am looking for is around ($669.00 Bi-tone). A $150.00 difference?? I am always looking for the best value in everything I buy. How does $519. for the XD 40 Service Model compre to what you paid for your XD or what you are seing at gun stores and gun shows for the xd??
It all comes down to your preferences. Both guns are equally accurate and reliable in the hands of the average shooter. How much is an adjustable backstrap, match grade barrel and no trigger pull field strip worth to you? To me the only added value would be the extra capacity but that's a moot point here in NJ with the 15 rnd mag limit, neither XDm model is legal here.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #5

Likes Given: 1

Onpoint supply is my go to for price checking. They have the XD40 bitone for 494.67 and the XDm40 bitone for 597.33 with the 3.8 barrel. I have both the XD40 black service model and the XDm40 black 4.5 inch. The m model is a little more accurate, better trigger, easier tear down, higher capacity, etc. I am not a good enough shot yet to really benefit from the improvements in the XDm but I enjoy shooting it. Which one is better for you depends on your needs and available cash. You will be happy with either I bet.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:24 PM   #6

Went to a show this weekend. Thy had the XDm 40 for $589. Tried to talk the guy down to $550, but wouldnt' budge. With tax on that $589 the total jumps to $639. Was more than I wanted to pay. I'd like to know what's the cheapest I can get one for? I don't think the price will be coming down anytime soon. Like with anything, if it's hot there goes the price & right now xdm is hot. Until something better comes along to knock it off it's pedistal I believe it will stay pricey

Old 03-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsnakes View Post
Went to a show this weekend. Thy had the XDm 40 for $589. Tried to talk the guy down to $550, but wouldnt' budge. With tax on that $589 the total jumps to $639. Was more than I wanted to pay. I'd like to know what's the cheapest I can get one for?
That is actually a very good price. Even online you will end up paying that much (or more) after shipping, insurance and FFL.

Last edited by Poink88; 03-16-2010 at 01:27 AM.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #8

EXACTLY. This is a gun show. Just like with computer shows & comic book shows I don't expect to pay top dollar like I'm buying from a store. I expect a good discount at a Gun show. After spending $7 to enter, plus gas&time Why bother going at all when I can get it off the internet for the same price. Unlike buying new comic books from ebay, you know a new gun is not going to have bent corners, cracks or chips in it. From now on I thing the only reason I'll go to another show Is to get a feel for what I want to buy off the internet.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't know since I really like buying something I see and inspect if possible. There is value to that. If I can save substantially by going online, then I will but the wait can be nerve wracking.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #10

That's true. I'm not talking about a used gun though, but a new one that comes with a warranty & a return policy.