Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon1 View Post
Hey thanks for the tips I need it bad first owner of a pistol and I need to learn bad how to shoot. Cannot hit a pie pan at 15 yards I just need to shoot shoot shoot.
You wouldn't expect to go out and buy a set of golf clubs and play like Tiger Woods the first time out would you. Shooting and golf are similar as they both require a certain set of fundamentals that must be practiced, practiced and practiced. Invest in a NRA First Pistol course, you will get basic gun safety, cleaning and care instruction along with some live fire lessons from a certified instructor.

In the mean time practice your grip and dry fire...an inexpensive laser can be found on e-bay for about $20. It won't be durable enough to use for actual firing but will help you see where the muzzle movement is going. Pin that shot diagnostic target on the wall, zero the laser at the center and dry fire (making sure the gun is safe and clear). If the dot moves into off-target zones make the recommended corrections and keep practicing until you can keep the dot steady.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 155 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would say find some videos on youtube about pistol marksmanship. Make sure your gripping the gun right and squeezing the trigger without moving the gun off target.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #13

Liked 2152 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon1 View Post
I am really getting so mad I really think its defective I am going to get a person to shoot it that I know if a great shot and see if he can hit with it if he can't then I don't know what to think. Thanks for the tip.
What model you have?
Had a tactical that was a tack driver--A couple shorter barreled versions not so much-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 987 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 1779

Mine is a XD9 subcompact and its a damn good shooter. At 15 yards I can still put them in a 4-5" dia which is pretty good for me

Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #15

Liked 2152 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Mine is a XD9 subcompact and its a damn good shooter. At 15 yards I can still put them in a 4-5" dia which is pretty good for me
Pretty gud for anybody with a subcompact

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 987 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 1779

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Im going to give credit where credit is due , this is all possible because of the super nice , smooth, clean breaking , light trigger pull it has . I have other 3" barreled sub compacts " mostly with nasty triggers" that I can just barely hit man size target with at 10 yards . Its my favorite of all my S/Auto handguns

Old 02-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #17

Take up the slack before you pull the trigger

Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #18

Liked 42 Times on 35 Posts

Snap cap practice.... a good friend of mine who is an amazing shot with his 1911 told me that for every 50 live rnds you should practice 100 snap cap rnds... this will improve the pre fire push... I sit on the couch and dry fire with snaps at the light, the mother- in- law pic on the fridge.. get my drift? Practice practice... then range time will amaze you!!!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Yes I need to practice practice practice.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

What model you have?
Had a tactical that was a tack driver--A couple shorter barreled versions not so much-
I have a XD-9

Newest Threads