Xd
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 03:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Xd

I just purchased a xd 9mm and I am not to accurate with it I am sure it's the person behind the firearm any tips on making me a better shooter??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #2

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

orangello Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the tip I just got done shooting and I still cannot shoot a pie pan from roughly 20 yards. I had to shoot it at about 10 yards just hoping the fun is not defective out of the box!

Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1824 Times on 797 Posts
Likes Given: 1369

I bought an XDS 45 and the first time I shot it was bad. It was shooting bad low and as much as I wanted to blame the gun I figured out it wasn't the problem. If I took my time and did my part the gun would do it's. After 3 or 4 trips out it started to come to me and I wouldn't trade it for anything now.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon1
I just purchased a xd 9mm and I am not to accurate with it I am sure it's the person behind the firearm any tips on making me a better shooter??
I was the exact same way with the exact same gun...came on here for help and I love shooting now...I stopped jerking the trigger and i let the target blur out instead of my sights...shooting is so much more fun now

Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #6

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:

Thanks for the tip I just got done shooting and I still cannot shoot a pie pan from roughly 20 yards. I had to shoot it at about 10 yards just hoping the fun is not defective out of the box!
Just takes practice. You might be a little gun shy. Have a friend load your mags and randomly put in some snap caps. This will let you see how bad you flench when you shoot.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt
I bought an XDS 45 and the first time I shot it was bad. It was shooting bad low and as much as I wanted to blame the gun I figured out it wasn't the problem. If I took my time and did my part the gun would do it's. After 3 or 4 trips out it started to come to me and I wouldn't trade it for anything now.

I am really getting so mad I really think its defective I am going to get a person to shoot it that I know if a great shot and see if he can hit with it if he can't then I don't know what to think. Thanks for the tip.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyack45

I was the exact same way with the exact same gun...came on here for help and I love shooting now...I stopped jerking the trigger and i let the target blur out instead of my sights...shooting is so much more fun now

I also need to know how many yards I need to be shooting maybe I should shoot it at 10 yards and then 15 and go up to 25 yards. Thanks for them tips.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:50 AM   #9

Quote:

I also need to know how many yards I need to be shooting maybe I should shoot it at 10 yards and then 15 and go up to 25 yards. Thanks for them tips.
Shoot at 5...then 7...figure out your fundamentals...I didn't go past 7 yards till I got my fundamentals down and it may take time but it is time well spent...squeeze and hold your trigger

Old 02-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyack45

Shoot at 5...then 7...figure out your fundamentals...I didn't go past 7 yards till I got my fundamentals down and it may take time but it is time well spent...squeeze and hold your trigger
Hey thanks for the tips I need it bad first owner of a pistol and I need to learn bad how to shoot. Cannot hit a pie pan at 15 yards I just need to shoot shoot shoot.