Xd 45 vs glock 21 - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > Xd 45 vs glock 21

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2014, 04:20 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have shot Glock 45's a lot , and I really like them. I've also had some time with the M&P 45 , and like that as well. However, the one that came home with me, was the XDm 45. I do not regret my choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 05-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #22

Liked 50 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDMBOB View Post
I wouldn't trade my XDM 45 for 2 Glocks. I have about 5k rounds through it and have not replaced anything! 😄 There is a reason Glock has so many aftermarket parts available!

And that reason is..., because they're so popular. There is really no need to replace any part of a Glock besides for aesthetics and/or personal ergonomic preference.

Last edited by IvanKaz; 05-24-2014 at 02:24 AM.
rifleman1 Likes This 
Old 05-31-2014, 04:45 AM   #23

Liked 48 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 250

stag556;1424292]Don't worry about which one holds more, or who says what about one gun is better than the other. If you are interested in buying a .45 go to the LGS and rent the ones you are interested in buying and shoot them, see which one fits you the best and buy it. Every one has there favorites, likes and dislikes. Most all manufactures of guns be it SA,Glock,SW,Ruger,Kimber,Sig Sauer, etc etc etc all make good reliable guns.

Its not about capacity, but your ability to shoot accurately that counts.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more. Even if you shoot 100 percent, which no one does, especially under stress, there could be more threats than your mag holds. I'd say accuracy is more important, but would never, ever, ever say capacity doesn't matter. They go hand in hand. I'd also say accuracy without stress doesn't matter as much. If I'm better at shooting gun A with no stress, but better with gun B under stress, guess what I'll carry? Gun B. (I know that's not really a common problem, was just stating)

PSA 16" Mid upper
Palmetto State Defense Lower
Aimpoint Comp M2
Springfield XD 9 Sub
Winchester semi 12ga
Remington 870
Mosin Nagant 91/30
RIA 2011 VZ Grips 1911 .45 acp

My deviled egg farts

Old 05-31-2014, 02:45 PM   #24

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:

Couldn't disagree more. Even if you shoot 100 percent, which no one does, especially under stress, there could be more threats than your mag holds.
If you have two or three bad guys already on the ground and more are still coming at you, there is a distinct possibility that you brought the wrong hardware to the gun fight.

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

Old 05-31-2014, 03:38 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2984 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
Even if you shoot 100 percent, which no one does, especially under stress, there could be more threats than your mag holds.
There's this thing called a reload...
If your day to day business brings with it situations where a typical double stack mag + reload is inadequate, maybe some self evaluation is in order.

Considering this is a thread that was started to discuss the XD 45 vs. the Glock 21, capacity shouldn't be the overriding issue. .45 is simply the wrong chambering if one's only concern in life is magazine capacity.
NRA Life Member

“The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop” — P.J. O’Rourke

Old 06-03-2014, 01:24 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
There's this thing called a reload...
If your day to day business brings with it situations where a typical double stack mag + reload is inadequate, maybe some self evaluation is in order.

Considering this is a thread that was started to discuss the XD 45 vs. the Glock 21, capacity shouldn't be the overriding issue. .45 is simply the wrong chambering if one's only concern in life is magazine capacity.
You also must be aware that some people prefer a gun chambered in .45 that holds 14 rounds rather than 8 rounds.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2984 Times on 1492 Posts
Likes Given: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanKaz View Post
You also must be aware that some people prefer a gun chambered in .45 that holds 14 rounds rather than 8 rounds.
Where do you get 8? I was talking double stack mags. My point was, if in your day to day business, 13+1 (or more) & a reload isn't enough, your day to day business needs a second look. Or you need to look beyond mere handguns for your survival.

Both the Glock 21 and the XD 45 are available w/ 13+1 capacity. So, capacity of these two being a push, how about we move on to the next point of contention between the two. They were, after all, the original point of this thread.
Or, in a world where no one cares about anything but capacity, how about an FNX 45 with 15+1? Or maybe just buy a 9 mm Glock and stock up on 30 round mags?
Or hell, go crazy:

Spray & pray baby!

At what point does one have enough capacity? At what point does it get silly? Like everything in life, you reach a point of diminishing returns even with high cap mags.
NRA Life Member

“The mystery of government is not how Washington works but how to make it stop” — P.J. O’Rourke

Last edited by Overkill0084; 06-03-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 115 Times on 70 Posts

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1401806336.077193.jpg

Wait, what were we talking about?

Old 06-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1888 Times on 1290 Posts
Likes Given: 703

I usually stick with the magazine that came with the gun for self defense. Other than legal issues were state law limits magazine capacity the magazine that came with the gun is going to be the most reliable and sturdy in the event you or the gun take a tumble.

If capacity is my main concern I am not going to buy a 45 ACP.

Both the Glock and the XD are reliable guns with a lot of aftermarket parts. There may be more aftermarket parts for the Glock but the things most people want to change are available for the XD.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 06-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Where do you get 8? I was talking double stack mags. My point was, if in your day to day business, 13+1 (or more) & a reload isn't enough, your day to day business needs a second look. Or you need to look beyond mere handguns for your survival.

Both the Glock 21 and the XD 45 are available w/ 13+1 capacity. So, capacity of these two being a push, how about we move on to the next point of contention between the two. They were, after all, the original point of this thread.
Or, in a world where no one cares about anything but capacity, how about an FNX 45 with 15+1? Or maybe just buy a 9 mm Glock and stock up on 30 round mags?
Or hell, go crazy:

Spray & pray baby!

At what point does one have enough capacity? At what point does it get silly? Like everything in life, you reach a point of diminishing returns even with high cap mags.
I am aware that both those guns offer the same capacity. I was responding to your comment about people being concerned only with capacity and should therefore consider another caliber.
I'm not condoning a "spray and pray" mentality. My only point is that if you have a choice of similar sized firearms, any reasonable person will also consider capacity.