Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD 45 tactical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default XD 45 tactical

I have never had any problems with my XD 45, it was the first pistol I ever bought. My only gripes about it is, I am terribly inaccurate with it, and why is this thing so dirty?! I don't remember the type of cleaner I use on it, but it's better than Hoppes 9. The brass I put through it is the same I put through my EAA witness match elite also in .45 ACP stainless steel; federal express doesn't get nearly as dirty the action is different. I am guessing accuracy comes with practice, over 1,000 through this thing with no malfunction, love it to death. But any other tips for accuracy? Different gripping technique although it's hard without not depressing the grip safety for different grips
Different ammo? Willing to pretty much try anything for improving accuracy, or better way of cleaning until the cleaning pads are completely spotless.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

IIRC, your other .45 is a big steel EAA correct? The XD will be much lighter and perhaps the increase in recoil is affecting your shooting? I've had XD Tacticals in 9mm & .45 ACP and they were every bit as accurate as any pistols I've owned. I shoot my XD Compact .45 almost as well as a 1911. As far as ammo goes, I shoot what's on sale so lots of Blazer and WWB. I clean after each outing so I never let them get very dirty...

Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #3

Correct, the EAA is far more massive and heavier than the XD 45. I am cleaning after every outing but it seems to get more dirty than normal, compared to a 92FS with far more rounds of federal express through it as well, than the normal 50-200 depending on the day. And its the difference between a mostly rubber grip to all polymer maybe that is making a difference too? Looking at any solution so I can be just as accurate as others, I had a laser sight on it too, made little difference in accuracy if it wasn't for the red dot.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Yeah. I got one too.
Cleaning after each outing is a good idea. Lots of nooks and crannys. Much more difficult to clean than my .40 Sigma which is stainless and easier to see residue on the stainless finish.
I usually clean mine right after use. Seems like if you wait a day or two it's not as easy.