Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD 45 Serious trouble

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 11:17 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Melancon View Post
Hello to everyone, I am new here and this is my first post.
I had a very bad day saturday and wanted to share it with you guys and see what you thoughts were on it.
I was out shooting my 8 month old XD tactical 45, factory winchester 180 grain hollow points. Sent about 4 rounds down the range and that was the end of it. The right side of the gun under the slide blow off, cracked that handle all the way around, blew the clip out.
good thing is I was not hurt got a few scratches on hand but nothing bad.
I brought the gun back to the guy I purchased it from and he will be sending it to springfield today and he told me he never seen this happen before.

so what do you guys think springfield will do about this?
Do you mean 185gr? I've never seen a 180gr .45ACP. Especially from Winchester.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlBob518 View Post
It looks as if the gun company does not run it through the MA safety test, it does not get listed. I see there are several companies not even listed. No telling what it costs to have it "approved"! When I head out in my RV next Spring, it looks like I will be avoiding most of the North East states. My sister lives in MA. Too bad sis!
In order for a handgun to be MA compliant, the company has to send three copies of the gun to the state - free of charge. MA then tests the crap out of them, testing the required safety features, whatever they may be. The testing virtually destroys the guns. Thus, awesome custom firearms from Nighthawk, Ed Brown, Les Baer, Wilson, Dan Wesson, etc, will never be legal to own in MA.

The list only pertains to NIB firearms from a dealer. I've purchased firearms and seen firearms in gun shops that are not on that list - brought into the state by LEO or other means.

And don't forget evil 11+ round magazines are items of mass destructions used by terrorists. Any firearm manufactured after '94 cannot have magazines with more than a 10 round capacity. Therefore my M&P will never see a 15 round mag unless I move.

AR15s are a whole dif can of worms. No bayonet lugs, post ban mags which hold 11+ rounds, and no evil collapsible stocks.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 06-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #23

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I'm glad you are Ok, and sorry for your XD. SAI will make it right.

(Factory) Ammo related KB's happen with every gun. With so many millions of rounds of ammo made and shot up every year it is inevitable that a few rds are bad.

My shooting partner's agency has had 4 of their HK P2000's destroyed in the last year firing Federal 135gr JHP. Seems like a lot, but this is out of several hundred guns, and a few hundred thousand rounds fired.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #24

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
That list makes no sense. Why can you own a Rock Island 1911 in 45 ACP but you can't own a Colt 1911 in 45 ACP. I don't get it!
Probably for the same reason that I can own any post-ban AR-15 in NJ that does not have a Colt rollmark or markings of AR or AR-15 anywhere on it. The NJ AWB specifically identifies the Colt AR-15 as a banned assualt weapon. In MA it seems the same applies, a Colt 1911 is an assualt weapon since the military uses it but RIA is just a gun. Liberal minds do not reach rational conclusions...we just deal with the aftermath.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-27-2010, 07:30 PM   #25

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

The CA handgun roster of "safe" handguns works the same way. For instance, the Black Xd is OK, but the two tone Xd is not on the list, therefore must be extremely unsafe. But used, private party stuff is fine to sell even if not on the list as "approved".

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #26

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
The CA handgun roster of "safe" handguns works the same way. For instance, the Black Xd is OK, but the two tone Xd is not on the list, therefore must be extremely unsafe. But used, private party stuff is fine to sell even if not on the list as "approved".
That Makes Even Less Sense, Unbelievable!

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #27

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Those of you that live in the states that have those terrible list of what you can own I really feel for you. I live here in Az and we can pretty much own what we want and carry it.

We are getting off the subject that we are all here from. Keep us informed what SA tells you about you XD45 Tactical.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:33 PM   #28

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
We are getting off the subject that we are all here from. Keep us informed what SA tells you about you XD45 Tactical
I apologize for the Thread Tangent, those laws just really surprised me.

Back on topic, I have an XD as well and I too would like to hear what Springfield says.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:50 AM   #29

hey guys sorry it has been so long but just wanted to give you all an update on what is going on with the gun. the last two weeks i have called the gun shop and all they can tell me is the gun is at springfield an we are just waiting to hear from them what they are going to do. soon as i know something else i will post the update.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:29 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Thanks for the update!