xd 45 in dresser? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xd 45 in dresser?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm with CA357, mine is on the night stand right beside my head. We don't have any children so I don't have to worry about that. Once the kids start coming I'll get a quick access safe for night stand use.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioActiV View Post
On the light issue. Go to home depot you can pick a LED lensor up for $40.00 it's one of the best little lights I've ever owned. I am quite impressed with it. It will shine a concentrated beam for over 500 feet and it's designed to cause momentary blindness! It's crush proof, water proof, and shock proof runs off of 3 triple a's. It has a single led bulb and 24 krt. gold terminals (so they won't get the funkies from old batteries). It's made by coast.
do they fit in the xd 1" tactical light holder

~ You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer, your heart rate is jacked. And your hand, steady. That's something I figured out about myself in prison. My hand never shakes.~
Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I wont keep a loaded pistol too close to me.

True story, When my father passed away I didn't sleep for a couple of days. Well finally I fell asleep at 630am or pretty close to that and a family friend of ours came over to visit my mom and consoul her. Well the only thing I heard was the dog barking and going nuts and I jumped up out of bed and went on to beat that a**... I broke his nose and he lost a couple of teeth and I had no idea what I did until my mom tackled me off of him.

This all happend when I was 16. I fear for anyone that wakes me up in a sleep because they better be prepared to take my life.

On a side note I have a killer scar on my hand from the teeth bashing. People tend to see those and leave you alone...
yeah i could see my friend comping over at night to mess with me and me shooting him. thats why i need my xd in a place where ill be awake and alert before i use it

~ You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer, your heart rate is jacked. And your hand, steady. That's something I figured out about myself in prison. My hand never shakes.~
Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #24

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
I wont keep a loaded pistol too close to me.

True story, When my father passed away I didn't sleep for a couple of days. Well finally I fell asleep at 630am or pretty close to that and a family friend of ours came over to visit my mom and consoul her. Well the only thing I heard was the dog barking and going nuts and I jumped up out of bed and went on to beat that a**... I broke his nose and he lost a couple of teeth and I had no idea what I did until my mom tackled me off of him.

This all happend when I was 16. I fear for anyone that wakes me up in a sleep because they better be prepared to take my life.

On a side note I have a killer scar on my hand from the teeth bashing. People tend to see those and leave you alone...
Sorry to hear about your father passing. May I ask if you normally go without sleep for a couple of days each week? If not, then why be away from something you have for defense? In that rare case when the crackhead passes out on the floor of your entryway after kicking in the door? That way, you would have plenty of time to get to your defense gun and load it. Just sayin.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I keep my '95 Nagant pistol on the floor by the bed. In the morning I return it to it's home in my pistol safe.
I figure if you're going to shoot a burglar, might as well use something historic and unique. Plus...7 shots...bonus!

I want to be a ball turret gunner.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Most people sleep sound enough that someone could walk into their room without waking them, including me. I won't keep a pistol in sight so that it MAY be used against me.

Most likely I'll be woken up by the alarm or by the dogs, but I can't be positive of that. So, I have an unlce mikes holster tucked in the bed handles with my gun in it. I's covered by the sheets and blanket, but it's still within reach.

I also have an led light I bought from walmart(coleman) that puts out 115 lumens fro $25.

Old 05-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Sorry to hear about your father passing. May I ask if you normally go without sleep for a couple of days each week? If not, then why be away from something you have for defense? In that rare case when the crackhead passes out on the floor of your entryway after kicking in the door? That way, you would have plenty of time to get to your defense gun and load it. Just sayin.
No, I get about 9-12 hours a sleep every day. Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
No, I get about 9-12 hours a sleep every day. Sleeping is one of my favorite things to do.
Ok, you sleep WAAYYY too much lazy butt.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:22 AM   #29

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I have to stand up and take a step toward the bedroom door to reach a gun with a light mounted on the rail, right below a 3-cell Mag-lite standing on top of the dresser. Handgun is in exactly the same place and position every night.
Burying your lifeline under socks isn't tactically beneficial, so if you can, keep the thing not just out, but in a place where you'll have to go to in response to an invasion.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 05-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Most people sleep sound enough that someone could walk into their room without waking them, including me. I won't keep a pistol in sight so that it MAY be used against me.

Most likely I'll be woken up by the alarm or by the dogs, but I can't be positive of that. So, I have an unlce mikes holster tucked in the bed handles with my gun in it. I's covered by the sheets and blanket, but it's still within reach.

I also have an led light I bought from walmart(coleman) that puts out 115 lumens fro $25.
You sound like my wife. She's sleep thru the sound of a dump truck running thru a nitroglycerin plant. Me on the other hand wake up at anything and everything. I seriously doubt someone could get into the house without waking me up.

I've got one of those colemans too. Brought one home for a hunting light and my wife made me buy her one so we've got a couple now. Great light for the money.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer