Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xd 45 in dresser?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 07:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

It's made of anodize aluminum with a polycarbonate lense, (like Lexan) tough and runs on three AAA batteries.

tac-light-001.jpg  

Last edited by Viking; 05-01-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #12

ill check out the costco ones thank you. i like the sites on the gun but what some good nite sites. something brighter. or should i use some good ole nail polish

~ You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer, your heart rate is jacked. And your hand, steady. That's something I figured out about myself in prison. My hand never shakes.~
Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #13

i also found $4 fluorescent paint pens

~ You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer, your heart rate is jacked. And your hand, steady. That's something I figured out about myself in prison. My hand never shakes.~
Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #14

In reply the Original Post, You could give one of these a try, depending on if there are kids in the house.

Ultimate Bed Holster | Picture Gallery

Just pulling the bed away from the wall an inch and a half or so is plenty of room.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:09 PM   #15

my only concern with a bed holster is i could see myself grabbing the gun while im asleep and killing myself from the way i sleep. even off the side of my bed. but it is a fast way to draw your weapon... hmm

Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

If you keep it with a round in the chamber and ready to go in your sock drawer, you should not have issues with lint. If you keep it with your breech open, then it woud be easy for lint and stuff getting in there and possibly causing you problems.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-02-2010, 05:05 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

You could always wear an ankle holster to bed.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #18

I threw in some unused makeup bags of my wife and set it on the side of the bed against the wall. I think ill get that uncle mikes pouch or just a holster and set it there

Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #19

I wont keep a loaded pistol too close to me.

True story, When my father passed away I didn't sleep for a couple of days. Well finally I fell asleep at 630am or pretty close to that and a family friend of ours came over to visit my mom and consoul her. Well the only thing I heard was the dog barking and going nuts and I jumped up out of bed and went on to beat that a**... I broke his nose and he lost a couple of teeth and I had no idea what I did until my mom tackled me off of him.

This all happend when I was 16. I fear for anyone that wakes me up in a sleep because they better be prepared to take my life.

On a side note I have a killer scar on my hand from the teeth bashing. People tend to see those and leave you alone...

Old 05-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

On the light issue. Go to home depot you can pick a LED lensor up for $40.00 it's one of the best little lights I've ever owned. I am quite impressed with it. It will shine a concentrated beam for over 500 feet and it's designed to cause momentary blindness! It's crush proof, water proof, and shock proof runs off of 3 triple a's. It has a single led bulb and 24 krt. gold terminals (so they won't get the funkies from old batteries). It's made by coast.

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry