xd 45 in dresser?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xd 45 in dresser?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default xd 45 in dresser?

So I just got a service model xd 45 and ifor storage I threw it in the case under my bed. But last night someone was jiggling our door lock and by the time I got out of bed, open the case and grabbed it that was way to much lost time. So if I throw it in my dresser out of the case under my socks and whatnot is it harmful or can it cause the gun not to fire with all the fuzz from fabric and the enviroment to be in there not protected.
Thank you all for handling my ignorance

~ You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer, your heart rate is jacked. And your hand, steady. That's something I figured out about myself in prison. My hand never shakes.~
Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Last edited by trstncmpbll; 05-01-2010 at 03:02 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-01-2010, 03:14 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

This can be kept under a pillow or under the mattress. Would not be suitable with small children in the house, however. In that case a standard zippered pistol rug would be more appropriate to keep the "fuzzies" out of the gun. Lint and stuff would definitely stick to the oil on the barrel and slide if kept uncovered in a drawer. Another thing to consider is that next time there may be no time to cross the room and get to the dresser, what happens if the BG is already in the room with you?

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-01-2010, 03:54 AM   #3

Well the side of the bed I sleep on is against the wall. Is there just some padded velcro or zippered pouch I can throw it in and put it on the side of my bed

~ You sit there with a mass murderer. A mass murderer, your heart rate is jacked. And your hand, steady. That's something I figured out about myself in prison. My hand never shakes.~
Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-01-2010, 04:04 AM   #4

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Uncle Mikes Pistol Rug

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 05-01-2010, 04:13 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My go to handgun and flashlight are within arms reach on my nightstand. I figure that if I come out of a deep sleep, I'm going to need things close at hand. It saves time and maybe our lives.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-01-2010, 04:15 AM   #6

My man...
Thank you

Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-01-2010, 04:23 AM   #7

What about one of those cheap $35 ebay tactical lights? Gun lights like m series and ssl1 are crazy expensive

Springfield XD 45acp
Taurus PT-25

Old 05-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #8
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2206 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 797

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstncmpbll View Post
What about one of those cheap $35 ebay tactical lights? Gun lights like m series and ssl1 are crazy expensive
I bought one of those cheap eBay lights (MTE C3). I'm pretty impressed with it for what I paid for it.

I keep my XDm .40 in a quick access safe in my dresser at the foot of my bed. I wonder about if I wake up and someone is in the room. I'm considering moving it to my nightstand next to my bed, but I'll need a different safe design for that.

Old 05-01-2010, 06:24 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm 60 and we have no kids at home. So security of the firearm isn't really a problem for us.

Sometimes I walk around the house with my 6" GP100 just for grins.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #10

Liked 41 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by trstncmpbll View Post
About a month ago Cosco had a coupon for getting a two pac of 160 lumen tac lights with Cree XPC LED. low, high, strobe and momentary for just over $14, regular price $17 and some penneys. These light are really well made concidering how little they cost.

Last edited by Viking; 05-01-2010 at 06:58 AM.