Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD 45 Bi-tone pricing...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default XD 45 Bi-tone pricing...

I Have an XD45 bi-tone that I bought new around 2007-08. I've only put about 300 rounds through it and I have the original xdgear and case. I'm thinking about selling it to buy one of the new XDm competition 9mm so my question is what would the XD 45 be worth? It's in as good as new condition.

"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

kem,

I would say from $475 to $525 would be in the ballpark! Some may have a better answer and reason. But as you know a used gun is a used gun. The dealers normally will try to take advantage of it. Unless a dealer would need one and give you a good trade in value. They are fine pistols I have a new XD 45 ACP put back in Desert Tan with the kit and trigger job that I have never fired. I paid right at $450.00 for it but that was back in 2008.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 11-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Okay thanks for the response. The pistol really is in great shape but it just sits. I'll be honest I've got smaller hands and the grip on it is just a little big. I handled one of the 45 XDm competitions tonight and it was amazing.

"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
September, 1997

Old 11-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139
Okay thanks for the response. The pistol really is in great shape but it just sits. I'll be honest I've got smaller hands and the grip on it is just a little big. I handled one of the 45 XDm competitions tonight and it was amazing.
I meant I handled one of the XDm Competition 9mm. They are asking 769 for the Bi-Tone and 749 for all black at my lgs but from what I've been seeing that may be a little high.
Charlton Heston
September, 1997

Old 11-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Here is a few pics of the gun.

image-3501128155.jpg   image-4214761310.jpg   image-3038118037.jpg   image-2770147812.jpg   image-3545629567.jpg  

Charlton Heston
September, 1997

Old 11-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #6
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 347 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
I meant I handled one of the XDm Competition 9mm. They are asking 769 for the Bi-Tone and 749 for all black at my lgs but from what I've been seeing that may be a little high.
That's not high at all. That's what I sell the competition .45 for.

NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring
That's not high at all. That's what I sell the competition .45 for.
Well then wouldn't that make it a little high for the 9mm version?
Charlton Heston
September, 1997

Old 11-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 220 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kem1139 View Post
Well then wouldn't that make it a little high for the 9mm version?
The 5.25" XDms go for around $750, regardless of caliber. You can order them online for about $600, but keep in mind you'll also pay an extra $50 or so for shipping/transfer fees.

In a private sale, your XD45 is worth about $450-475 in my opinion. But prices can vary a bit by region.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:13 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
The 5.25" XDms go for around $750, regardless of caliber. You can order them online for about $600, but keep in mind you'll also pay an extra $50 or so for shipping/transfer fees. In a private sale, your XD45 is worth about $450-475 in my opinion. But prices can vary a bit by region.
Yea I've seen them online for around 600 to 650. Even if I pay the transfer fees it's still almost 100 dollars cheaper specially if you factor in paying taxes locally. I think the XD I have should bring at least 475 because it's in great shape and been used very very little.
Charlton Heston
September, 1997