XD 40 Vs. XD 45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD 40 Vs. XD 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default XD 40 Vs. XD 45

Which is actually best? I own both but just recently bought the 45. I saw somewhere the 40 was actually a better one shot one kill round.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2008, 04:30 AM   #2

I wouldn't want to get shot by either, but I think alot depends on the ammo you are using. I think the 40 is a little faster, but the 45 hits a little harder. Seems there is a bigger variation of rounds available for the 40, and it's a little cheaper to shoot. If you were comparing FMJ to FMJ I think the 45 would be more lethal.

Proud NRA member

Old 03-09-2008, 02:26 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks Marko

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 03-27-2008, 05:44 AM   #4

That's like asking whether you'd rather be hit by Mike Tyson or Muhammed Ali! Both great choices for personal defense. Have no fear with either!

GunnBugg :cool:

Old 03-29-2008, 02:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Which is actually best? I own both but just recently bought the 45. I saw somewhere the 40 was actually a better one shot one kill round.
Comes down to this; bigger hole with more penatration = better stopping power. This said, both my .40 and .45's are devistating.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:02 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the 45 because it is slower and bigger. That assures me of a better chance of not overpenetrating, and with kids in the house this is a big deal.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 AM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I've actually sold off my .40s and now just have 9mm and .45 in semi autos. My logic was 9mm is cheaper than .40 and .45 makes bigger holes...

Wow, 100th post

Old 03-30-2008, 04:51 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timdog View Post
I like the 45 because it is slower and bigger. That assures me of a better chance of not overpenetrating, and with kids in the house this is a big deal.
Very wise thinking. Makes me wonder why the .500 mags are so popular.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default .40 vs .45

With all other things being equal-bullet/velocity/energy,the .45 will perform better due to larger frontal area.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #10

I have a bit of a delema on which XD to buy. I love .45's but I have been looking at the XDM 40 for quite some time. I know as soon as I get the .40xdm they are going to come out with a 4" barrel, XDM .45. Both feel good in the hand and there are 13 of those phatty's in the mag. Plus I have a 1911 .45 and a million spend rounds. I just can't make up my mind. The XDM fits better in my hand but I love .45's. What about reloads in XD's? That would make a difference. I have a 33 glock (357 sig). That thing cannot have any reloads at all. I don't believe most or all glocks cannot either. Please aid in my decision.