XD 40 sud vs XDS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > XD 40 sud vs XDS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default XD 40 sud vs XDS

What is the difference. I have the chance to got a XD 40 Sub compact. What's the difference between that and the XDS.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #2

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I have a XD SC in 9mm and a XDS , they are the same size except the XDS is much thinner . The XDS is a single stack . 45 acp and hold 5+1 the XD SC9 holds 14 and is double stack .
My CCW is the XDS , great shooter recoil is much milder than the .40 S&W I had

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 06-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Nate,

Purehavoc is correct! It really comes down to preference. A buddy of mine just purchased an XDS last week for conceal carry. I had the opportunity to shoot it and to say the least I was impressed on how easily it concealed as well as the accuracy of the pistol. Unfortunately or Fortunately I do not have one at the present but getting ready to order one and sell my Kahr P-380. That is how impressed I was with the size the larger cal in 45 ACP and the accuracy. I like the 380 very well since I purchased it a year or so ago but never have felt that comfortable with the smaller caliber. Not that it would not do the job, I am just a big caliber guy. I do not think you can go wrong with either pistol you mentioned. I am just thinking of better concealment in the XDS. Good Luck on the selection!
You might also consider the Magazine Extensions! I do want to get the Magazine Extensions! Can not stand for "Pinky" to hang over the end of the grip on any pistol!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #4

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Here ya go , heres a pic of the 2 of them together , the XD SC9 has the pinky extension on it , both are the same size without the pinky extension

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
nate913 Likes This 
Old 06-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Thanks guys. I have a few options and not sure what to do. There is the XD40 sc, 2 mags, one 12 round, 1 9 round with a Pearce grip pinky ext. a fobus paddle holster,Galco king tuk holster for $450, or a kel tec PF-9 for 500 rounds of 556.

Old 06-05-2013, 04:11 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Just a update, I ended up going with the Kel Tec. I know the XD SC 40 is a lot nice, but seams how I was able to trade ammo that I already paid for, I feel like I got the gun for free!!

Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #7

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

XDS is thinner and better trigger. Which Keltec did you get? For a $300 gun they are decent ccw. No fun to shoot though for sure.

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 06-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

The PF9. I don't want a Springfield too. I just got a glock and LOVE it. I really do. For years, I always looked down on them but never owned one. I feel I have to give Springfield a shot so I can choose between one of them, XDS or glocks, and it a sub, compact, and full size each by the same mfg.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:53 AM   #9

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

As can be seen in the photo, the XD-S is the shortest of the four. Is the XD40sc shorter than the XD9sc?

Stu
www.stu-offroad.com

nate913 Likes This