xd 40 subcompact 3"

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > XD Forum > xd 40 subcompact 3"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default xd 40 subcompact 3"

does anyone happen to know if the xd 40 3" comes in a model with the 2 saftey features, one on the back of the grip and a thumb safety? i have seen them on the either the 9mm or 45 but not too sure if they are on the 40 subcompact.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yes, all XD models have both the trigger safety and the grip safety.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bluesky View Post
Yes, all XD models have both the trigger safety and the grip safety.
the local gun dealer is telling me it does not come in the 3" subcompact on the 40. is there a model # that anyone knows of so i can give to them?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #4

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan View Post
the local gun dealer is telling me it does not come in the 3" subcompact on the 40. is there a model # that anyone knows of so i can give to them?
Find another gun dealer with some smarts. BTW, could you please stop by Introductions and tell us a little about yourself. Thanks.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/32491

http://sgcusa.com/Handguns-Springfie...duct_info.html

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-17-2010, 02:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Find another gun dealer with some smarts. BTW, could you please stop by Introductions and tell us a little about yourself. Thanks.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...ducts_id/32491

http://sgcusa.com/Handguns-Springfie...duct_info.html

Jack
i am very new to this so please bare with me. i think i am confusing you, are you talking about the trigger safety actually located on the trigger or an actual thumb safety? i am looking for one that has a grip safety and a thumb safety, i do not see it on the links above. i see them on the compact but not the subcompact. sorry for driving you crazy.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Please clarifiy your question. ALL XDs come with a grip safety which is found on the back strap as well as a trigger safety. Only a handful come with a Thumb safety and NONE of those include ANY sub compact model. The thumb safety was added for LEOs that required them and they are available to the public. The only model's I'm aware of them being on are the 4" service models, most in 45, but I could be mistaken.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-17-2010, 02:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Please clarifiy your question. ALL XDs come with a grip safety which is found on the back strap as well as a trigger safety. Only a handful come with a Thumb safety and NONE of those include ANY sub compact model. The thumb safety was added for LEOs that required them and they are available to the public. The only model's I'm aware of them being on are the 4" service models, most in 45, but I could be mistaken.
thats exactly what i wanted to know, about the thumb safety. i am looking for something that doesnt exist. thank you